• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK petition 'To examine DWP,ATOS,Maximus, culpabilility for deaths...

SilverbladeTE

Lot of the UK's "Establishment" needs put in front of a firing squad and f'ing SHOT
simple and as ugly as that

Some of the most vile, incompetent, useless, evil deviants and destructive, treacherous behaviour by those with power, in Human history
not just pissed off because I'm getting it (struggling at moment with the crap they've done to welfare system myself)
but the over all depravity, cowardly, obsequious, verministic levels of utter shitheaded rat bastardy that's dragging our society into a yawning abyss, and abusing people terribly so some rich inbred oiks can quaff £1000 dinners at numbnut "events"....
Let them eat cake?
nah, let them eat guillotine! :thumbsup:

you will not stop such people by petitions or being "nice", alas.

alex3619

I have called this Euthanasia By Stealth. I have also commented that when the government in Syria kills some tens of thousands, the world is rightly horrified. When the government in the UK takes action leading to the deaths of over a hundred thousand ... hark, I can hear crickets chirping. One might argue they did not foresee, but once they stopped publication of death statistics then the only viable explanation is cover-up. This was followed by no substantive change in what they were doing. It cannot be argued they were all ignorant of the consequences, though I do not doubt many were duped.

Please note that the politicians in opposition to the government are very low key about it all.

Its also why I have called the BPS movement the new Eugenics movement.

I would sign this if it were not UK only. Because this is a legal issue, involving UK law and regulation relating to government, I understand why this is strictly UK only. Just know there are people outside the UK who see the issue.

I have two blogs related to this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/the-witch-the-python-the-siren-and-the-bunny.1149/
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...fists-version-of-a-nuclear-hand-grenade.1045/

worldbackwards

Please note that the politicians in opposition to the government are very low key about it all.
The UK Labour party introduced ESA in 2007. Though there has been a rather interesting ideological turnaround in the party of late (a kind of 'return of the repressed' which has allowed the left to take over the party), it was Labour's aquiescence to the Tory hard line agenda on benefits which meant that the architecture of sanctions and "Work Related Activity" was already in place for the Tories to build upon when they returned to power.

In essence, there had been no push back back in the intervening 13 years; instead we had gone further towards the situation we are in now, which is set to worsen for ESA claimants (myself included) sometime in this parliament.

Labour as they stand do not even remotely look like winning an election in the UK, but their current policy will undoubtably move against this agenda, and it may be that whatever arises from the aftermath of the current mess will at least have learned the lesson of not abandoning the people that it was supposed to protect.

alex3619

t may be that whatever arises from the aftermath of the current mess will at least have learned the lesson of not abandoning the people that it was supposed to protect.

I really hope that is what happens. I also hope other countries take note of the consequences. There are politicians here who like the UK solution, and we have started down that path to some extent.

Hip

Jeremy Corbyn (the new UK Labour Party leader) has made his pledge for greatly increased support for those with mental health issues one of his central policies. My feeling is that those with mental health issues are the new underclass in modern society; and since the Labour Party has always tried to protect and help the underclass, I think this is a quite visionary policy decision by Jeremy Corbyn.

Having been hit by several mental health conditions myself (some even prior to developing ME/CFS), I realize how profoundly a mental health condition can affect your life, your ability to operate in the social environment, and your ability operate professionally in the workplace.

For me, the onset of significant generalized anxiety (linked to / precipitated by my IBS) was hugely disruptive to my life, relationships, and ability to work. Had I not experienced this for myself, I might never have realized how catastrophic mental health conditions can be.

I think the negative impact of mental health is likely much worse in the modern workplace, where most jobs require great competence from your mind and intelligence. Even just 50 years ago, there were many more jobs that were simple manual labor-type jobs, which did not ask too much from your mind.

Provided you had physical health, you could do these manual jobs. So manual jobs I think would have been easier to continue to function in, if you developed mental health issues. But in modern cerebral jobs, mental health conditions may significantly impact your ability to function in the workplace. The mind is the central force in modern economies, so anything that detrimentally affects the mind will have a very negative impact.

In addition, over the last say 30 years or so, and mainly in the English-speaking world, formal roles and identities in society have broken down a lot (roles which in previous eras you were expected to adopt — but once you did, you could kind of relax in these roles, and the role would see you through life). Because formal roles imposed by society have broken down, most people these days of necessity have to be in the driving seat of their own life; they have to create their own life, create their own identity, create their own values, and have their own strategic lifeplan to drive their life forward. You have to forge out your own self-created role in life. It's part of the extreme individuality found in English-speaking countries.

Failure to create a lifeplan for yourself, failure to be in the driving seat of your own life, means that you get left by on the roadside. Since being in the driving seat really requires you to be compos mentis, again, mental health issues in the modern environment may have a much greater negative impact on your life, compared to previous eras where the role given to you by society may have carried you through.

Last edited:

worldbackwards

@Hip, I agree about the need for better understanding of mental health, but whether Labour has always protected the underclass, especially in the New Labour years, is debatable.

I welcome their new focus on this, but given the current government's specific targeting of MH patients with the sanctions regime (it's clear that they are less able to cope with the pressure and therefore more liable to get sanctioned) and Labour's embarassing failure to get their act together on anything at the moment, I suspect things will go from bad to worse in the real world.

But as I said above, I think it's a positive thing that these issues are back on the agenda for Labour and hope they can carry some of them through to better times.

Hip

but whether Labour has always protected the underclass, especially in the New Labour years, is debatable.

Certainly debatable, but I think there were significant social and cultural changes prior to and during Tony Blair's New Labour years, as the UK economy changed from an industrial manufacturing and factory-based set-up (in which workers' unions formed the basis of Labour's supporters), to the post-industrial economy we have now. I think this rapid change made it hard for traditional Labour to figure out who they should be representing.

During this change of economic set-up, there were also big shifts in the social landscape. When I was growing up in the UK, working class and middle class were very different cultural groups with their own strong identities. Many of the working class were Labour's natural supporters. Now due to increased aspirational motivations and social mobility, I am not sure where the dividing line between the two classes lies, and in fact it is hard to identify any of the traditional cultural classes in the UK these days.

I think that could be the reason why New Labour appeared, almost as a stop-gap solution, put into place while the dust settled on the significant changes to the country's economy and way of life.

I think Labour needs to identify who are the new underclasses in this new society. It is not going to be as clearcut as the old days. I think that those with mental health issues (and even mild issues can cause your problems in your life), and others with disabilities, may form part of the Labour's natural supporters in this new society. And in this age of immigration, new immigrants and ethnic minorities may also become some of Labour's natural supporters.

Countrygirl

I have tried once more to sign the petition today, but again no e-mail from them, so my attempt to sign won't count. Are others getting this problem?

Countrygirl

I signed OK and got the confirmation email.

Hasn't gone to your spam box?

Ah! I must be completely brain dead today..............(and yesterday it seems:oops: )! Good suggestion, Sasha! I normally check when an e-mail fails to arrive, but didn't this time. Now I have thanks to you and there they were.......two of them My vote now counts!

Thanks Sasha.

Last edited:

slysaint

I also came across a number of articles that point out that Maximus is deliberately trying to avoid damaging it's brand name by not using it on all correspondence and test centres. This is why ultimately ATOS ended their contract because it was affecting their share price. So the more exposure the better.

SilverbladeTE

I have called this Euthanasia By Stealth. I have also commented that when the government in Syria kills some tens of thousands, the world is rightly horrified. When the government in the UK takes action leading to the deaths of over a hundred thousand ... hark, I can hear crickets chirping. One might argue they did not foresee, but once they stopped publication of death statistics then the only viable explanation is cover-up. This was followed by no substantive change in what they were doing. It cannot be argued they were all ignorant of the consequences, though I do not doubt many were duped.

Its also why I have called the BPS movement the new Eugenics movement.

I would sign this if it were not UK only. Because this is a legal issue, involving UK law and regulation relating to government, I understand why this is strictly UK only. Just know there are people outside the UK who see the issue.

I have two blogs related to this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/the-witch-the-python-the-siren-and-the-bunny.1149/
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/the-uk-disability-crisis-the-pacifists-version-of-a-nuclear-hand-grenade.1045/

jackboots, gulags and gas chambers would be too obvious and require too much determination and nto as much profit for the bastards

People are people
I keep telling folk this.
Then, or now, here or there, 1930s Germany, 2015 Britain, 1500s Spain, wherever or whenever, people are still people and behave much the same
Bullies and greedy inhuman bastards are much the same, it's merely their contemporary culture that defines the most likely outlets of their evil.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bullies are ALWAYs insecure, and most are cowards.
By defining some people as "subhuman", they "legitimize" abuse, for example, the slave traders encouraged the spread of racism to support their vile trade.
it's also about making the Elite "ubermensch", If they are "superior then psychologically, they feel safe, secure, and their deeds are legitimized as coming from "superior beings"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once a society LETS itself spiral into cycles of abuse against innocent people, it usually takes a severe issue (war, plague, disaster etc), or a long time, or a serious fight often requiring violence or the death through age etc of the leaders of the abuse cycles.
Once such spirals start, they are like a black hole of drain spiralling down into ever worse crap and they cause serious harm to all society
The current vermin in power int he UK's Establishment are tearing the country apart in many ways, systems designed to keep moderation in society and law, tolerance, repair of physical infrastructure etc are al falling apart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As one example, the Tory scum AND their Labour supporters have been fuelling the London "Housing bubble"
this is one of the worst financial disasters in history, in the making, I'm surprised it hasn't imploded already but the lunatics have been keeping it "inflated". When it "bursts" it will probably wipe out over a TRILLION dollars worth of the UK's value/economy
causing ethnic cleansing, driving out the ordinary, working and lower middle Class people who can no longer afford the insane house prices/rents and has wiped out communities
greedy investors who don't care about people, and outright very serious very rich criminals looing for easy ways to hide their criminal wealth, have been fuelling this

The London Housing Bubble and severe corruption here int he UK are also linked to terrorism, the Saudis are big investors in such real estate, and THEY are the REAL funders and backers of Islamic terrorism across the world...which our government doesn't care abut as they are "in bed with them", sometimes literally in the case of prostitution and paedophilia
seriously, anyone who knows what actually goes on behind close doors, has known this since the 1980s, when very prominent Saudis would come to London to indulge ain drug fuelled binges, frankly I don't care if someone snorts cocaine and uses the services of a prostitute, IF they aren't being a hypocrite, IF they aren't funding violence, IF they aren't also abusing children
the runaways and poverty fuel huge amount of child prostitution, and they *KILL* people who could expose such.
While claiming to be "pure"...be they so-called Christian or Moslem
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this background of endemic severe corruption also ties into the crap we suffer
the "NEO-LIBERAL" movement is really modern day Fascism with a sugar candy coating
promoted by the Corporations and the Elite, it's been poisoning our Western society for several decades
Because...people are people, what happened once, will happen again, because people are people

Adolf Hitler ordered the T-4 program officially halted after he was publicly spat upon by outraged crowds who'd had enough
little item of history most don't know about
You do NOT stop bullies by petitions, you stop them by getting "in their face" and making them really fear you.

if this garbage isn't stopped soon, it will spiral ever worse.
making us "untermensch" was mostly not a deliberate plot of evil to begin with but soon fell into the desires and paths of the very malign
spirals of self justification, of the acceptable limits being moved backwards again and again, lead from harassment, to murder. :/