Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK newspaper article re HPV vaccine - adverse events

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Bob, May 31, 2015.

1. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Recent article in a mainstream UK national newspaper...
    It primarily discusses the HPV vaccine but also gives figures for adverse events for a range of other vaccines.

Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
    The Independent 31st May 2015
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...utine-school-cancer-vaccination-10286876.html

Extracts:

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    ahmo, Countrygirl, Wayne and 2 others like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Familiar?!?

natasa778, ahmo, Wayne and 3 others like this.
  3. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

We have a number of parents who predate the onset of an ME/CFS like illness to this vaccine - even though an MHRA report has dismissed any such link:
    http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/s-par/documents/websiteresources/con096797.pdf

I was speaking to one such parent after the Invest conference on Friday and we are looking at whether a proper epidemiological study could be done to investigate the role of vaccinatins as trigger factors in ME/CFS

MEA info on the link between vaccines and ME/CFS:

Anecdotal evidence indicates that a number of vaccinations are occasionally capable of either triggering ME/CFS, or causing an exacerbation of pre-existing symptoms, and the UK CMO Working Group report acknowledged (in section 3.3.2) that vaccinations can occasionally act as a trigger factor in the development of ME/CFS. The CMO report can be e-accessed using the document archive on the MEA website: www.meassociation.org.uk

The link is biologically plausible but there hasn't been any really robust research carried out to investigate the role of vaccinations as immune system stressors in the causation of ME/CFS.

Two fairly recent published reports of interest relate to an MHRA review of HPV vaccine (Cervarix) and ME/CFS >>

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/NewsCentre/Pressreleases/CON316330

and two case reports re Swine Flu vaccine and ME/CFS:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...accination-bmj-rapid-responses-21-march-2014/

I have a longstanding interest in the role of vaccinations in ME/CFS and my patient evidence on the subject, which is now quite substantial and includes a number of health workers who were vaccinated almost as a condition of employment, indicates that hepatatis B vaccine appears to play an unusual and significant role here

This is supported by the results of the MEA website poll on the roll of vaccinations as trigger factors for ME/CFS (see below)

The MEA has an information leaflet which summaries the research evidence relating to vaccinations and ME/CFS.

Similar information is summarised and referenced on page 41 of the MEA purple booklet.

MEA WEBSITE POLL:

• If your ME/CFS was triggered by a vaccination, which vaccine was involved?
      • Hepatitis B (57%, 338 Votes)

• Flu (9%, 51 Votes)

• Other (7%, 41 Votes)

• BCG (6%, 33 Votes)

• Cannot remember (5%, 31 Votes)

• Combination (5%, 27 Votes)

• Tetanus (3%, 18 Votes)

• Meningitis (3%, 17 Votes)

• MMR (2%, 14 Votes)

• Polio (2%, 10 Votes)

• Hepatitis A (1%, 7 Votes)

• Typhoid (0%, 4 Votes)

Total Voters: 591
    Start Date: April 30, 2010 @ 3:20 pm
    End Date: June 2, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

garcia, ahmo, Countrygirl and 4 others like this.
  4. eafw

eafw Senior Member

UK
    I am pro-vax as a rule (really do not want to live in a world plagued by smallpox, measles, rubella and all the attendant death and disability), but if there really are the number of adverse events claimed for HPV then it is looking quite dodgy.

Problem at the moment is getting decent data on it and working past all the conspiracy theories on one side and pharma/government denials on the other.

Mark and Valentijn like this.
  5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi @eafw

You may want to check out some of the work by Dr. Thomas Levy. He's done extensive research on Vitamin C and its ability to cure most of these diseases. He regularly makes references to Dr. Kenner, the 1940's country doctors who cured many children with polio using IV Vit. C [160 out of 160 if I remember correctly] even those with advanced cases.

If his research and conclusions are correct, then it would seem to be highly probable that possible vaccination "adverse effects" [sounds way too benign to me] could be avoided just by using Vitamin C to treat these kinds of diseases when they show up. The scientific literature on this is quite compelling.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    ahmo likes this.
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    :jaw-drop::thumbsup:

See more popular forum discussions.