1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK National Archive releases formerly 'closed' file

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Many thanks to Valerie and those of you who have the grit to read these files through.
    justinreilly, Enid and kaazoom like this.
  2. currer

currer Senior Member

"But first and foremost – we need an apology from the UK government in the same manner that the Norwegian Directorate of Health apologised to its ME spectrum patient group in 2011. And we need other countries to do the same"

From the above document
    ukxmrv, Enid and Ember like this.
  3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Kaazoom - many thanks - I especially liked Valerie Eliot Smith's titling "ME spectrum illnesses" -brilliant to me. Hope she is taking time out in this draining and depressing endeavour please. Many thanks to her. How little advanced the situation is here since then.
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    "ME spectrum illnesses"

What does this even mean? If it is several stuff I can tell my doctor what to look for?!?!?
  5. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Isn't there still a file about Me/Cfs that the UK government has that was due to be released recently but at the last minute was sealed till 2070 or so?

We would probably know the cause of our illness and possibly be free of it if we could somehow get this info.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I have read the stuff that was released at least until last year. There are one or more files that, it is claimed, are full of personal patient history details. Given the stuff that was blacked out in what I read, this is a dubious claim. I still don't know what was blacked out, but for the released stuff it doesn't look too interesting.

My guess is it wont lead to a cure, but it might lead to a smoking gun that proves those pushing CFS stuff in the UK really stuffed up.

See more popular forum discussions.