• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(UK) MEA seeks prizes for auction of promises

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just received this email:

PRIZES NEEDED FOR OUR AUCTION OF PROMISES
We will be holding our inaugural Auction of Promises between 17 – 21 November.

Our magnificent Patrons have led with way by donating great auction lots – tea for two with John Bercow, musical themed offerings from composer and founder of the Cambridge Singers John Rutter and annual membership giving entry to all Royal Horticultural Society gardens from Dr Anne Macintyre.

We want to use this auction not only to raise money, but also to showcase the talents and creativity of our membership. Some members have risen to the challenge, with offers of handcrafted jewellery, knitted and crocheted items, B&B accommodation, makeovers and even signed CDs. But we know that is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you have a special talent or skill, please don’t be shy. We want to hear from you. We want this auction catalogue to tell your stories. All offers of donations would be seriously considered.

If you are thinking of offering something, please get in touch with Helen Hyland either by email (helen.hyland@meassociation.org.uk) or by phone 01280 838964. She’d love to hear from you.

John Rutter has just become a patron of the MEA.

Last edited:

worldbackwards

I tend to try and win things 'cos they're good, rather than relatively painless. Relative to what? Betty Boothroyd?

This is going to be really confusing to anyone who isn't British. I think I'll preserve the mystery.

Last edited: