• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: ME patient and pharmacist wants your input for AfME pharmacists' guide

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Interesting:

https://aprescriptionforme.wordpres...-crowd-sourcing-articles-for-resource-on-m-e/

Emily Beardall said:
I’m working with a national M.E. charity, Action for M.E., as Volunteer Pharmacist, providing information about pharmacy services, writing health and pharmacy-related articles, and putting together a resource for pharmacy professionals about M.E.

I’m gathering thoughts and suggestions from both people with M.E. and pharmacy professionals because it’s important that the resource includes a full picture of M.E. and addresses the issues pharmacy professionals need to know about our illness in order to make pharmacy services accessible and useful.

I believe collaboration between patients and health professionals is necessary to develop a person-centred approach to pharmaceutical care, so as part of my preparation, I’ve asked both groups questions in articles on my blog and there will also be an article coming up inAction for M.E.’s magazine, InterAction.

The deadline for submitting your suggestions is 26 October 2015. Although the comment sections on the blog posts will remain open after this date, from that point onwards we will be moving onto the next stage of developing the resource.

There are 2 questions for each group of people so I would be really grateful if you would leave your comments at the bottom of the relevant ones, or if you prefer, you can contact me. There is also more information about the resource within the posts.

People with M.E.:
How does your pharmacy help?
What would you like to see in the resource?
Pharmacy professionals:
How do you help your patients with M.E.?
What would you like to see in the resource?

Thank you for your interest in our project. Please share this post so that we can gather as many comments as possible.

Kind regards,
Emily Beardall MRPharmS

eafw

maybe she'd have got more responses posting on here, I've left a comment there anyway.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
maybe she'd have got more responses posting on here, I've left a comment there anyway.

I picked this up via #MEAction, I think, so she's done a good job of getting it out on the wire.

All roads lead to Rome. :)

eafw

I picked this up via #MEAction

The MEaction call is recent though (?), and the original blog post from June so that's why it looks like there's not much response given all that time.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The MEaction call is recent though (?), and the original blog post from June so that's why it looks like there's not much response given all that time.

Oh! I didn't realise that.

Yes, you're right!

Seanko

@Sasha Emily has a very good blog, with lots of resources for UK based patients.

She was a medical student when she became ill with ME/CFS and was undiagnosed for many years. She later trained to become a pharmacist whilst ill.

She is one of the nicest people I knwo within the British ME/CFS community.