The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK ME/CFS Biobank requires further blood samples from people with severe ME/CFS and from healthy con

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Aug 21, 2015.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    rosie26, Dolphin, Gemini and 2 others like this.
  2. charles shepherd

3. charles shepherd

rosie26, Bob and Valentijn like this.
  4. charles shepherd

More help required with research involving people with severe mE/CFS:

This study is being funded by MERUK: Call for severely ill participants

Prof Julia Newton’s team at Newcastle University are working on an ME Research UK-funded project on severely affected ME/CFS patients (housebound or bed-bound, including in a wheelchair) , and have put a call out for participants living in the Northern Region (the North of England from North Cumbria to Teesside).

There are two phases to the project. The first is a postal survey consisting of three optional questionnaires – this will help the team to compile a register of severely affected people. The second is to select some people from the register for more in-depth assessment in their own homes.

For more details, patients, their family members or friends should email the Severe ME/CFS team at 'meresearchuk@newcastle.ac.uk', or contact: ME Research UK Severe ME/CFS, BRC Office, Old Victoria Wing, Old Ward 1, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle, NEI 4LP.

The background to the study can be read here http://bit.ly/S2yeDx

5. charles shepherd

This is the feedback that I've just received from Caroline at the ME/CFS Biobank this morning:

Dear Charles,

Just to let you know that we have had an amazing response to the promotion on the MEA website.

Please thank everyone involved.

Valentijn, Sidereal, Ritto and 6 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.