Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK ME/CFS Biobank requires further blood samples from people with severe ME/CFS and from healthy con

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Aug 21, 2015.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    rosie26, Dolphin, Gemini and 2 others like this.
  2. charles shepherd

3. charles shepherd

rosie26, Bob and Valentijn like this.
  4. charles shepherd

More help required with research involving people with severe mE/CFS:

This study is being funded by MERUK: Call for severely ill participants

Prof Julia Newton’s team at Newcastle University are working on an ME Research UK-funded project on severely affected ME/CFS patients (housebound or bed-bound, including in a wheelchair) , and have put a call out for participants living in the Northern Region (the North of England from North Cumbria to Teesside).

There are two phases to the project. The first is a postal survey consisting of three optional questionnaires – this will help the team to compile a register of severely affected people. The second is to select some people from the register for more in-depth assessment in their own homes.

For more details, patients, their family members or friends should email the Severe ME/CFS team at 'meresearchuk@newcastle.ac.uk', or contact: ME Research UK Severe ME/CFS, BRC Office, Old Victoria Wing, Old Ward 1, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle, NEI 4LP.

The background to the study can be read here http://bit.ly/S2yeDx

5. charles shepherd

This is the feedback that I've just received from Caroline at the ME/CFS Biobank this morning:

Dear Charles,

Just to let you know that we have had an amazing response to the promotion on the MEA website.

Please thank everyone involved.

Valentijn, Sidereal, Ritto and 6 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.