1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK General Election Tomorrow: ME/CFS Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Mark, May 5, 2010.

1. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Hung parliament would be OK if it meant

that an MP would be hung everytime they screw the public,

imagine the veiwing figures.
  2. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I agree, but the conservatives had things pretty much back on track when Labour got back into power. Also the gap between rich and poor is much larger now.

As for reform, could not agree more, the two main parties have too much power. However the three largest parties all each have utterly stupid ideas. Kind of like the Green party funnily enough.

Looks like the whole system needs ripping up. Not enough staff to get people though the door is a joke, as is keeping the stations open after 10pm. Why the staff did not know they could let voters in before 10 in order that they could vote is very concerning.

Lets hope a government is formed quickly as the economy can't take it.
  3. V99

V99 *****

UK
    :tear:

Instead of the X factor style debate, lets do the apprentice.

Sugar to Brown "Your going to raise national insurance, and cost my company jobs, well thats your job, you are fired."
  4. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    i wonder what the figures would be if they just did it on the parties themselves not the areas . if you know what i mean .this many voted lab, this many con etc etc ...... it will be interesting to find out the individual vote .

after all as we all know they have been very good at juggling the boundries over the years in the hope of gaining the seats they want . NO doubt there will be even more juggling of boundaries before the next election
  5. girlinthesnow

girlinthesnow Senior Member

:victory:One thing to celebrate, Esther Rantzen lost her deposit, beaten by 12,000 votes..
  6. Knackered

Knackered Guest

And Jackie Smith's out.
  7. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    and Shahid Malik now that did make my day ;)
  8. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Hazel Blears still in:eek:
  9. girlinthesnow

Good news, finally a seat in Parliament to the Greens, congrats to Caroline Lucas, very well deserved.
  10. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I like Lucas too.
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, I'm v. pleased about that too - I think that a single MP from a party can make a difference in parliament.
  12. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Anyone in the Brighton electorate and could get Caroline Lucas to the APPG?
  13. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I voted Lib Dem for the first time in my life, based purely on what Vince Cable and Nick Cleg said in letters to 2 MEers. Selfish maybe but what the hell, if they are serious about what they say then they may make a difference, especially now they look like hooking up with the Tories. I think we have a chance for change and wonder what people think about making a concerted effort to write to these two in particular or if you have a standing Lib Dem MP to them, we need them to realise how big this thing is and how many people are involved.WDYT
  14. girlinthesnow

Voting Lib Dem is not selfish but sensible and intelligent, :Retro smile:
  15. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Dreaming Of Rainbows

What do you want, the moon on a stick?!

Me too.

But look at the positives:
    Rantzen out
    First ever Green
    Parliament hanging (let 'em hang)
    Clegg is now the boss while it hangs: small votes yes, but he holds the balance of power
    Politics interesting!!! :eek:

No wonder Cameron wants to scare us that we need to sort something out quick for the sake of the economy.

No we don't. We need to get it right.

Clegg holds the balance and will continue to do so, and thinking that's 'undemocratic' because he's the smallest party...well, how unfair has it been to the Lib Dems all these years? Now it all comes home to roost, and the tail wags the dog. Assuming we get as far as Brown, even the Green might get to influence policy. Awesome change is still possible...

I would like to think Clegg knows enough about XMRV to be prioritising ME/CFS very highly right now, but I guess not. Regardless, he is still the only one of the 3 who impresses at all, and the same with their policies, so it's good he holds the balance of power. If he gets in bed with the Tories...well...then I think I really will give up.

Plenty of time; get it right; let 'em hang...
  16. HopingSince88

HopingSince88 Senior Member

Maine
  17. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Also:

Apologies for the patronising gumph IamME, which was indeed straw manning in the context of this thread. I think I was provoked by 'uncaring', because I agree with V99 on that one, to a point: I think they mean to mean well. Didn't express my point very well though. You're right about the correct response to duck islands, and I don't wish to claim ownership of the ground-breaking idea you mentioned. I was thinking ahead a bit too far, which I often seem to do when approaching midnight. Which we are, as you highlight most excellently - a terrifying but true assessment: (my emphasis)

I hope you don't mind if I quote your last sentence for my new sig.

Right near the end of the coverage, someone on BBC even suggested (as a joke?) defaulting on the debt, which sounds like a start on reorganising that global financial system - at least this illustrates that anything is now possible...

All shall be well...
  18. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    All of the richest countries in the world are in debt. Can someone with a degree in Economics (or anyone else who just fancies having a stab in the dark) please explain to me just WHO we owe all this money to?

The only logical/rational explanation I can come up with is Aliens.

I am, however. open to any other explanations, no matter how ludicrous.

Some loon reckoned we (6 billion people?), the whole world, were in hock to a handful of Bankers. But of course, that simply does not make sense.

My money is on the Ganymedians.
  19. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Investors.

If you've got a pension, governments will owe your pension fund money, etc, etc. Different governments will also invest in each others debt (China buys loads of Americas, lots of oil states are big investors in government debt too).

Definatly not aliens.
  20. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I was right - they were down five in the end. Excellent work.

See more popular forum discussions.