1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK Court of Appeal - Science writer wins right to rely on defence of fair comment.

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by V99, Apr 1, 2010.

1. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Science writer Simon Singh wins libel appeal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8598472.stm

2. V99

V99 *****

UK
    This first thing that came to my mind, was all those who have questioned the lightning process.

3. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

I agree V99 - this is great news!

4. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Cold

"A chilling effect on public debate".

Yes, it's been very cold here lately, a hard winter. Cold can have many consequences. (Does anybody know if Cold is OK btw? I have been quite worried about that question).

I have never really understood Law, does this mean that anything and everything can now be questioned? Do we now know what kinds of things we are allowed to question? What should we be allowed to question?

ETA: :victory::Retro smile::victory::Retro smile::victory::Retro smile::victory::Retro smile::victory::Retro smile::victory:

ETA: Does it mean we can say anything we want about any public or private health service/treatment? Even if we're wrong? :eek::confused:;)

ETA: I don't think it will make any difference to me, because I don't think I ever get anything wrong, but it might be useful for fallible people.

5. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

priceless!!!

6. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Thank you, Mark, on behalf of "fallible" people everywhere for taking us into consideration. I hope you didn't strain yourself while doing so.
    :Sign Good one:​

7. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch dxrevisionwatch.com

UK
    Private Eye: Critics of the Lightning Process, report on Legal News Page

Times: Reference to ME patient and threat of legal action, 10 November 2009

November 10, 2009

WordPress Shortlink: http://wp.me/p5foE-2lP

See more popular forum discussions.