Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK CMRC Conference Newcastle 13-14 October 2015

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've searched and googled and can't find that there's already a thread on this, amazingly.

Just read this on the MEA's site - look, there'll be livestreaming!!!

Not quite sure of what. Is it the whole conference, @charles shepherd?

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...newcastle-cmrc-conference-13-14-october-2015/

Bob, Valentijn and Simon like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Delighted to see Rituximab featuring at the CMRC conference, and even more pleased to see George Davey Smith is coming to the party. He's a really interesting thinker, and just the kind of scientist we need to bolster the field in the UK - a highly respected researcher.

Profile: George Davey Smith - insight (MRC)
    Plus more serious stuff, Professor George Davey Smith - School of Social and Community Medicine (Bristol University)

He's probably best-known for his work on "How our genes conduct radomised trials "

He co-authored and interesting 2007 article with Esther Crawley: Is chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME) heritable in children, and if so, why does it matter? which I thought showed unusual clarity in this field, and even discussed problems of lack of correction when making many comparisions, a real problem with mecfs genetics studies.

Snowdrop, Bob and Sasha like this.
  3. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    That's interesting. And would probably explain Crawley's recent comments in the media re heritability, which surprised me:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...fury-at-child-abuse-claims.38242/#post-610294

4. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Read more about this topic here.

Bob and Sasha like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

See more popular forum discussions.