• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK CFS PATIENTS HAVE YOU HEARD OF SUCH A THING IN THE NHS????

trishrhymes

F**K!!!! Pardon my French but i was expecting some sort of Star Trek Scientific testing but instead i'll be getting treated like a looney tune by the sounds of things!!

Let's all hope you get your Star Trek Scientific testing. We could all be wrong...
Do let us know.

If you're feeling brave, perhaps you could take along a copy of Jonathan Edwards' comment, and tell them you are expecting scientific testing...

Good luck.

slysaint

Star Trek
1227830.main_image.jpg

Oh and questioned my GP on low dose pred her response was "it's no worse than drinking 4 pints of lager on a weekend" this was the same doc who told me to eat rice crispies for my low folic acid WTF :))!!

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I've been going back and fourth to my GP recently in the U.K with no further improvement nor diagnoses. She's referred me to an unexplained medical team on the NHS, I have never heard of such a thing before, has anyone ever heard of anything like this on the NHS.?

I wonder if there's any chance they will run a battery of blood tests at the start of your referral to the "unexplained medical" team. Have you had any blood tests run recently? I think you might have mentioned a CBC a while back, but you should also have had a Basic Metabolic Panel, thyroid tests, B12, folic acid, CRP, ESR and a basic urinalysis. Does any of this sound familiar? If your regular GP is leaving this up to the team she's referred you to, it might be good to have these tests done. Once you've had them done and the results have been evaluated, then you can decide if you want to stay on for any further services from the unexplained medical team.

If there's a packet of information they give you at the beginning of your time with them, you could see if they mention anything like this.