1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UK: Cambridge factory to pay £11k after worker developed life-long illness

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
  2. Tito

Tito Senior Member

£11k for a life with ME?
    Life is cheap... :(
    redrachel76 and Valentijn like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Seems that way doesn't it? I think it is a sum related to the health and safety breach more than to the individuals claims for compensation - which we haven't heard about so presumably have yet to happen. This 'win' establishes the case I would say in that regard at least - though Valentijn would probably know more than me about this :)

I would like to hear more about:

The illness wasn't immediate of course but I wonder how they were able to establish the connection and if the link was to deteriorating health resulting in ME or to ME itself.

Either way, it was important I felt to highlight this case because it again establishes in law a chemical trigger, and of course brings recognition of ME.

ME is being talked about more and more as something nasty and real; and I hope there is a personal claim for compensation - perhaps we might learn more about how the link was established which could help other people and bring more attention to ME.
    sianrecovery and Valentijn like this.
  4. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    The WHO used to classify decorating as a carcinogenic profession. My husband's a decorator; you would need the metabolism of an ox not to show any effects after a few years. Great this guy got some recognition, lets hope he gets some decent compensation.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.