• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Blue Ribbon trade-up fundraiser for IiME - novel idea in action!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just noticed this great idea by ME sufferer of five years, Jessica:

http://ablueribbon.wordpress.com/

Here are the basics:

I have a blue ribbon. It is an awareness ribbon for this terrible debilitating condition. It’s not much but I want it to help.​
I want it to raise money to help fund research into this neurological illness and to raise awareness along the way.​
So, i’m going to trade you. One blue awareness ribbon that I have, for something you have that’s worth just a little bit more.​
Then, i’ll trade that to someone else, who has something worth just a little bit more. And we can keep going, spreading the word and trading, until we can make a difference and maybe our final trade will help fund a cure.​
So get in contact with me if you want to help, if you want to trade or if you want to help spread the word. Everyone is welcome on this journey.​
The trade doesn’t have to be an object, it can be a hand made craft or a service as well. (Like a haircut or something).​

She's already three trades in. What a great thing to do! I seem to remember some bloke a few years back starting off with a paperclip and trading up to a house, and writing a book about it.

Jessica says that when she gets to the final item (an expensive one that no-one wants to trade further on) she'll sell it and donate the proceeds to IiME.

Take a look at her blog and see if you fancy her latest trade!