• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(UK) An interim report on access to social care and advocacy for people with M.E./CFS (AfME)

Dolphin

(This came out around November 12 but I don't think was highlighted)
"Close to Collapse

Authors: Catherine Hale, Sonia Chowdhury, Clare Ogden and Emma Hypher

M.E./CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) is a chronic disabling condition that can have a devastating effect on people’s lives. This interim report, based on findings from a survey carried out by the charity Action for M.E, demonstrates the shocking gap between the need for social care, and the provision of appropriate services, for adults in the UK with this disabling condition.

850 people with M.E./CFS took part in the survey, describing the effect of the condition on their daily lives, their need for social care, and their access to advocacy to facilitate this."

Report is free at:
http://www.centreforwelfarereform.org/library/authors/catherine-hale/close-to-collapse.html

LC2015

Oh wow truly that is so kind of you <3
Maybe my brain will be able to handle something of that magnitude tomorrow