May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Uh oh, I took 4gm Folinic Acid anything i can do

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by MegHurley36, Feb 19, 2015.

1. MegHurley36

MegHurley36

Darn it! I feel like an airhead. I am weak shaky upset stomach kind of dizzy. Any idea on how to stabilize? I was doing better on the protocol too, but I did not know my tincture bottle and the folinic had been moved :( I have DHFR MTHFS and MTHFD. I hope I will be okay, any thought?

2. adreno

adreno PR activist

I think you mean 4 mg?

You should be okay, but if you get too overstimulated try some B3.

Sherpa and Valentijn like this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Don't worry it's not toxic, but yeah it's a bit of a high dose, depending on how much you normally take.

4. MegHurley36

MegHurley36

400mcg a day normally. It was dark and I thought it was my chaga. Ewww, what a gross feeling. I have been nibbling on niacin for 2 days now.:redface: I am embarrassed

5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Well then... you've taken 10 days worth of folinic :)
    Just suspend it for a few days, it will be out of the system soon, with your pee.

6. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    Ride the wave! Mistakes like this are the cost of making progress, learning.

7. MegHurley36

MegHurley36

Okay all, I rode the wave! WHEEEEEEE! What a not so nice ride lol. My 2ndary reynauds came in with a roar and I was pretty dizzy for a few days but better now. Q is, and this is sort of worrisome to me, what to take now? I was told def do NOT use folinic acid (after the fact) any longer as they just found it is not good for folks who have FUT2 enzyme dysfunction. I have have a ton of mtrr mtr snps +/+ and cC677t as well as DHFR. So, should I go get a low dose 5lmthf? Where do I even find those! Crazy, the dosages. I have also heard that high dose folinic can cause Edema in some, hmmmmm

See more popular forum discussions.