The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ubiquinol vs Ubiquinone - the latter may be just as good... comments?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Bansaw, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I've just bought some CoQ10 Ubiquinol and will start to take that soon.
    However, I just read an article saying that Ubiquinone may not be that far behind Ubiquinol after all.
    Any comments on this?
    And, do you take Ubiquinol on an empty stomach, or with food. How do you increase its absorption?

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Take it w/ food, best for all oily supps.

I read another thread here a few weeks ago on this topic. I'd switched to ubiquinol a couple years ago. I ordered a sample size ubiquinone to try it, same brand, Healthy Origins. I do all my supp dosages by self-testing. My body definitely did not like the ubiquinone, I'm staying w/ the higher priced ubiquinol.

Mij and L'engle like this.
  3. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    I tried a a ubiquinol free sample and it made me feel really weird. I've taken ubiquinone in the past and while it does help with energy I find it can interfere with sleep. I'm of two minds and have an unopened container in the supplement drawer.

4. Mij

Mij Senior Member

There are many discussions whether ubiquinol is better absorbed than ubiquinone. Based on my own personal experience, I feel ubiquinol is more effective for me. I noticed quite a difference when I increased the dose to 200mg/day taken every day.
    So, recently I tried the ubiquinone because the cost is much lower to see if I can feel any difference. I took 200mg/day for the last 2 months and I'm feeling that it's just not the same, for me I don't feel extra energy from taking CoQ10 as some people do, but it's the recovery time after some light exercise is where it helps.
    I'm thinking of going back on the more expensive ubiquinol. I found this article interesting. Could the difference in experiences be based on how our well our gut is functioning?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24979483

Tunguska, heapsreal and John Mac like this.
  5. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I have come to the conclusion that CoQ10 is giving me insomnia. I've just made the connection. I feel hyper. I had the same reaction many years ago with ginseng. I'm going to discontine for a while and start back up at a lower dose.

See more popular forum discussions.