• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ubiquinol-10 improves autonomic nervous function and cognitive function in CFS

Dolphin

On its own, the bottom half of this looks interesting, but why should there be changes in ubiquinol in the placebo group?

Fukuda 2016 table 4.png

Dolphin

I find the mentioning of deconditioning here odd. Given English wouldn't be their 1st language, I wonder do they have something else in mind?

As Fig. 4 shows, 5 patients (2 who received ubiquinol-10 and 3 who received the placebo) withdrew their consent after allocation; 3 patients (1 who received ubiquinol-10 and 2 who received the placebo) dropped out because of deconditioning; and 1 patient in the placebo group quit because of an incidence of diarrhea before supplementation but after allocation. One patient in the ubiquinol group withdrew from the intervention because of deconditioning, one patient in the placebo group withdrew from the intervention because of failure to adhere to the supplementation rules, and one patient did not participate in the post-test for unknown reasons.

Dolphin

Acknowledgements
The authors thank all of the clinical and technical staff at Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan, for their continuous support. They are grateful to Ms. Hisako Fujii for her assistance with the stratification and allocation steps. Financial disclosures: Kouzi Yamaguti, Yasuhito Nakatomi, and Hirohiko Kuratsune declare that they have no financial, general, or institutional competing interests to disclose. Junzo Nojima, Sanae Fukuda and Yasuyoshi Watanabe received research funds from Kaneka, Inc., whose products were used in this study. Funding source: This study was partly supported by a grant from the Kaneka, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan) and a Health Labour and Welfare Sciences Research Grant (Comprehensive Research on Disability Health and Welfare 15dk0310055h0001), Japan. Capsules containing 50 mg of ubiquinol-10 or placebo were provided by Kaneka, Inc.

I did wonder whether the authors were a little too positive in how they discussed the results and efficacy of ubiquinol-10. At the same time, if you believe in a therapy, you may be a bit biased for reasons other than financial ones.

Avengers26

Has any one noticed a difference between taking different forms of CoQ-10 available in the maket? Do the more expensive forms offer any more benefit?

@Hip I have never bought on aliexpress before. How do you ensure you get a 'good' quality product without getting ripped or spammed? I wonder if they have consumer protection for US based customers or you are basically on your own.

Okay, I see, they do offer partial/full refund, in case of non-receipt of item or item not as described, but, I wonder, what has been the real life experience with them.

Last edited: