1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

UAA test interpretation help?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by thegiantess, May 3, 2013.

1. thegiantess

thegiantess

Hey all,

In my quest to get to the bottom of this madness I took the UAA and have gotten my results. Yasko put some comments in the margins, but mostly just recommended supplements. I am hoping someone can shed some light. Anyone taken it or can point me to a resource here. I searched for UAA in the forums, but it was a bit overwhelming to weed through all the posts.

Here are the issues that stand out:

HIGH:
    Taurine--Like off the charts high.
    Anserine--just regular high ;)

LOW:
    Amonia
    Methionine
    Isoleucine
    Cysteine
    Histadine
    Aspartate
    Glutamine
    Alpha-Amino-N-butyrate

Now, what I think is interesting is that there is a little chart off to the side called "Presumptive Needs," and Need for Folate/B12 is not marked as needed. Now that is exactly what I thought my problems were considering the symptoms and MTHFR markers! This has just confused me more.

Additionally, most of the descriptions I read for the low and high readings all seem to point to a b6 issue, but B6 is also not marked as needed.

Anyone have experience or knowledge of this test?

See more popular forum discussions.