• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UAA test interpretation help?

Hey all,

In my quest to get to the bottom of this madness I took the UAA and have gotten my results. Yasko put some comments in the margins, but mostly just recommended supplements. I am hoping someone can shed some light. Anyone taken it or can point me to a resource here. I searched for UAA in the forums, but it was a bit overwhelming to weed through all the posts.

Here are the issues that stand out:

HIGH:
Taurine--Like off the charts high.
Anserine--just regular high ;)

LOW:
Amonia
Methionine
Isoleucine
Cysteine
Histadine
Aspartate
Glutamine
Alpha-Amino-N-butyrate

Now, what I think is interesting is that there is a little chart off to the side called "Presumptive Needs," and Need for Folate/B12 is not marked as needed. Now that is exactly what I thought my problems were considering the symptoms and MTHFR markers! This has just confused me more.

Additionally, most of the descriptions I read for the low and high readings all seem to point to a b6 issue, but B6 is also not marked as needed.

Anyone have experience or knowledge of this test?