1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tylenol

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by aussie777, Nov 28, 2013.

1. aussie777

aussie777

2 weeks ago I started taking tylenol daily (500-1000mg). My headaches and nausea have went down significantly after taking it. My headaches started from a viral infection. Has anyone had success with tylenol in treating their headaches? Does this rule out CFS? Still searching for answers.... thank you.
  2. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Hi aussie777 -- I get lots of headaches and other pain, and nausea. I take tylenol sometimes. I take naproxen at times. I take ibuprofen at times. I find ibuprofen works the best over tylenol likely becuase it decreases inflammation. Really they just relieve the symptoms for a bit but I still have other symptoms all day long, day in and day out. I guess if your only symptoms are nausea and headache, it would rule out CFS. Do you have other symptoms?
  3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

Taking Tylenol is supposed to interfere with methylation in some way, but I don't remember the details. Both my doctor and nutritionist told me that years ago when I started with methyl donors. I assume they meant long-term use.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Tylenol uses up a lot of glutathione, which is the body's main detoxifier. So it's not great for those of us who are already depleted in glutathione.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    You can get rebound headaches from Tylenol and it is really hard on your stomach and kidneys and liver.

I take 2 Ibuprofen a day for sciatic pain WITH food and don't have problems
    SickOfSickness likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.