• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Two NPR Stories (not directly XMRV or CFS related)

usedtobeperkytina

I guess this is the place to put this. I don't think it should be in XMRV Media since it is not directly about XMRV.

Fresh Air, on NPR, interviewed a man who wrote a book about the problems in the psychiatrist industry. He comments on not only the problems with psychiatrists but the drug companies pushing their anti-depressants also. He even talks about how psychiatric studies were corrupted through advertising agencies. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128107547 I made a comment. I encourage any and all to respectfully and factually add their comments, or at least put that they like mine. This is an opportunity to inform people who do not deal with ME CFS daily. (I hate I had a short word recovery problem. Cognitive is bad these days. I kept trying to think of the word, but I couldn't. Someone else might want to post a similar comment that will supersede mine.)

Also, there is another topic that was on the radio that is similar to Mindy's latest blog. It is about people not changing what they believe even if evidence is clear. I posted something on this one too. Again, another opportunity to say "ME / CFS". http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490874

Even if you don't do anything, you might find it interesting to listen to these recordings.

Tina

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Herbert Spencer

I am computer illiterate. I am not sure if reply with a quote means to literally reply with a quote. But, I found this on my ipod and I think it fits our situation. It is by Herbert Spencer: When you stated "it is about people not changing what they believe even if evidence is clear", it reminded me of this:

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation