1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Two helpful books

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by xrunner, Jun 23, 2011.

1. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    I just wanted to share a couple of books that I found very helpful in my healing journey.

Anybody who likes to meditate may find the following book very helpful. It helped me gain a new perspective on life and spirituality like no other.
    http://www.amazon.com/Way-Love-Medi...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308860543&sr=1-2

The other book is the one that has literally turned things around for me.
    My health started to improve after knowing the humble life and spiritual powers of this amazing monk. I started to chance upon the right treatment, doing the right things and circumstances helping all the way (it had been quite the opposite before). And beyond my health. I've experienced a complete change for the better in every area of my life in a way which I still don't comprehend fully.

http://www.amazon.com/Padre-Pio-C-B...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308860058&sr=1-1

All the very best.

2. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    xrunner

Can you tell me a little more about the Padre Pio book....isn't he a RC saint? Very poor...reached out to the poor?

3. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

Maybe consider adding these to the Resources section under "Books"?

Best, Timaca

4. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    xrunner

looked on amazon, and bought both. Thanks so much for the links. Made it easier to order. Please, a sneak preview????

5. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Yes Meg, Pio was a capuchin monk who embraced poverty, suffering of all kinds (at the hands of his own church as well) and worked for the poor. There are endless books on his life but the one I mentioned is my favourite. The author Fr Ruffin is a protestant and the book reflects a more sober (and less hysterical if I may say so) approach in reviewing the life of Pio than other books.
    What stands out for me, are not so much the reported miracles, prophetic and spiritual powers of this man/saint (which I admit are amazing) but the example he set with his life. For anybody who wonders what being a Christian really means, the life and work of Pio answer that.

As for Anthony de Mello's book, it's a little gem full of so much wisdom and simple truths that I still can't fully digest despite having read it many times. He takes some passages from the gospels and links their meaning, as he sees it, to practical aspects of human life, the act of loving in particular.
    His views reflect his knowledge of modern psychology and eastern philosophies which you can see integrated in the Christian message.
    The book is very small in size but overwhelming in substance.

Hope you enjoy them.

6. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks XRunner I loved the blurb and the focus on just having things be the way they are.

7. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    "The Way to Love", DeMello is amazing at helping to incorporate the eastern teachings into my Christian life. I recently read Toni Bernhard"s How To Be Sick, and this is the perfect sequel to that book! DeMello takes us deeper, forever digging. Wonderful.
    Padre Pio, by Ruffin. Amazing. Yes, I can endure the suffering of CFS more easily while reading about Pio. Haven't finished yet, but I am hooked.

Cort..going to look into your suggestions. Tks

8. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    Never mind....

See you highlighted xrunners!!! Brain fog? Blonde fog?

9. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

I bought both and am enjoying them very much in concert. Thanks for the suggestion!

See more popular forum discussions.