Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Two good pieces on ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by JohntheJack, Oct 16, 2017.

1. JohntheJack

JohntheJack Senior Member

Swansea, UK
  2. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Joh and JohntheJack like this.
  3. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    I've only read the second article "exercise in normalising" so far, but it's excellent (Dariusz Galasiński is a linguist/author).

The initial period of testing with no results after I fell ill is still kind of a "trauma" (using the term as a layperson, apologies to people with real trauma) for me. He put it into words very well.
    Unfortunately I bought into the "you're mad" story - and he's right, there are only these two options (I guess the younger you are (and depending on family support), the more at risk you are to swallow the mad-story).

4. Hilary

Hilary Senior Member

UK
    Both excellent pieces and yes, the second one certainly rang bells with me. I recall the first consultant I saw telling me he couldn't see anything wrong with me.... he thought I was 'just a bit depressed and had had too much responsibility..' Silly girl - get back in the kitchen where you belong..... (I was then in legal practice..) Blimey I thought... I didn't know mild depression could give you night sweats, render you incapable of staggering round the supermarket, give you blinding migraines etc etc..............

Missense and SamanthaJ like this.

See more popular forum discussions.