Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

TWIV #417 Mentions Naviaux et all, David Tuller's article

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kati, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

http://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-417/

Vincent Racaniello and colleagues discuss the Naviaux et all paper at approximately 1h 6 min time point. They then mention David Tuller's continuing serie on PACE and the latest trial FITNET.

The discussion lasts approximately 10 minutes.

Thx to @jspotila for sharing on Facebook

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    alex3619, Yogi, Countrygirl and 10 others like this.
  2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Thanks Kati, that is worth listening to.

Kati likes this.
  3. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    So nice to hear ME-research discussed properly and as a serious topic also among experts outside the ME-field.

Sing, Kati and trishrhymes like this.
  4. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

Many excellent podcasts in that series - going back to the XMRV days - from the very first reports of XMRV in prostate cancer cells, the team were sceptical.
    I find it a great podcast at times - as I can learn a little, while being able to blame the not understanding bits I probably should on it being too technical, rather than fatigue.
    http://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-136-exit-xmrv/ - for example was an excellent roundup of the final outcome.

5. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    You put your finger right on what this meant to me. I am not sure I have ever heard experts outside the field of ME respectfully and enthusiastically discussing it. I also agree with them that Naviaux's study and hypothesis are exciting and promising, though like them, I think we have to keep in mind that his hypothesis about a daur type of state is only a hypothesis at this point.

See more popular forum discussions.