• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

twitching eyelid - driving me crazy!

snowathlete

two days ago my left eyelid started twitching. starting to get annoying.
had twitching eelsewhere before but this is worse.
wonder why it happens.

Esther12

I've got that right now!

Apparently people are more prone to twitches when they're tired (I've got a cold at the moment too). I'd guess it's something else that's not really that well understood though.

Mij

I had this years ago but it was under the eye toward in the inner part. It could be a magnesium deficiency. I took magnesium and taurine injections and it went away.

adreno

PR activist
I think it might be due to a skewed glutamate/GABA balance. So yeah, magnesium would be first on my list.

xchocoholic

You may want to try finding the nerve or one's nearby that are causing or contributing to this and press lightly with your thumb to get this to stop. Hold it for a few minutes. This always gives me immediate relief and sometimes lasts for hours. Heat packs over the eyes can help sometimes too ... tc ... x

BTW. I get this when I use caffeine too many days in a row for energy.