• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Turpentine for healing

ahmo

@realturbo I'm curious about the NOW product. Don't know the answer. this is what I got. I wrote to the company asking if it was pure pine oil. Don't know the type of pine, or whether that matters. You can see that at this art supply place they also list mineral turpentine. I think that's the relevant thing, to make sure it's pure oil. Someone else mailed me, she found this one.

Here's Mercola talking about pine.

realturbo

ahmo, thanks for your reply. I've ordered the NOW product, might also try taking a drop or two internally.

I forgot about this thread until today when I received an email about the following.

On that podcast that I posted above, the brand "Klean Strip - Pure Gum Spirits Turpentine" was mentioned as an acceptable brand. I bought a 32 oz can of this at Home Depot for $6.97. Obviously, this amount will last me a very long time.

and

REMINDER: ONLY 100% PURE GUM SPIRITS TURPENTINE SHOULD BE USED.

Once again, we're talking 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine, not just mineral spirits.

The person commented that Klean Strip is not pure Gum Spirits. They said "MSDS shows only 35% gum spirits turpentine and the rest is mineral spirits and petrol solvents"

I took a look MSDS says:

(1S)-(-)-.alpha.-Pinene {Bicyclo[3.1.1]hept-2-ene, 2,6,6-trimethyl-, (1S)-} >70.0 %
Turpentine {Gumspirits} <30.0 %

So it seems that Klean Strip is not acceptable and obviously it wasn't assessed properly prior to a recommendation.

I haven't perused around on her website. I just wanted to post that link of her other one hour podcast just to provide more info about it in case anyone wanted to find out more about it.

I've listened to both of those podcasts I've posted. Have you? At least to me, she seems very intelligent and well versed on what she is talking about.

I have now listened to the hour long podcast on her website.

She doesn't seem well-versed in many of the things she says, everything is about spending money on her vitality pills, and she is promoting QUACKERY (the promotion of unproven or fraudulent medical practices). Another altie type who has lost their licence to practice medicine, through no fault of their own (as they always claim) but uses their 'doctor' title as a means to an end.

Here's another informative podcast from Dr. Daniels. It's an hour long.

Just a few points from the podcast:

She has used turpentine herself for 25 years.
She has used this on some of her patients for various conditions.
Said it's been used medicinally since 1829.
Make sure you use something to keep your bowels clear.
Make sure you stay well hydrated.
She only recommends taking an effective dose <she goes into dosing> twice a week.
She answers some questions

http://vitalitycapsules.com/turpentine

Just a few more points from the podcast:

The disclaimer -- if anything bad happens to you from her suggestions (which should not be construed as 'medical advice'even though she prominently refers to herself as a doctor on the website) it is ALL YOUR FAULT.

The advice she offers is to clean up your diet -- no more junk processed food -- cut meat all together or cut daily amount in half -- eat lots of vegetables, rice etc (Not bad advice).

and

To drink lots of water (Not bad advice either)

and

To poop at least three times a day or more -- wait for it -- That's where the vitality pills come in because they make you poop -- of course you must keep increasing the pills at every meal until you do poop 3x or more a day -- seems to require more than 8 pills a day. 90 pills costs 16.95.

and

She says turpentine clears out pathogens/parasites and a clear bowel is a must because if your bowel is full of pooh the pathogens can't get out after you take the turpentine so 'they flee to the brain' and other major organs. That is a bunch of quacky bullshit. Seriously!!! :eek:

and

She says you can treat and cure paralysis, RA, cancer, FM, High BP, kidney disease (even people on dialysis), type 1 diabetes etc because all these things are caused by pathogens or parasites. Of course they are or you wouldn't need the turpentine, you wouldn't have to clean out your bowels with her special vitality pills.

and

High Blood Pressure is caused by worms that are coiled up in the blood vessels and the turpentine kills these worms -- so at this point I was rolling around on the floor in my head in paroxysms of disbelief and laughter. Seriously!!! :eek:

I am sorry but this woman doesn't seem knowledgeable about much and I ask myself this -- how is it that turpentine can target just pathogens and parasites and leave the healthy cells alone. It's another miracle that somehow hasn't even been considered by medical research. One would think that the greedy pharma people would be all over testing something like this to patent and make millions by having one drug to cure all diseases. Unfortunately, Daniels is about money which is very obvious from the beginning to end of her podcast. She provides anecdotes about everything and her level of knowledge related to the human body seems abysmally ignorant considering she went to medical school -- or is it?. I think she is extremely intelligent though because she must know how the human body works because she did go to medical school. She has been able to spin her knowledge in a way to sound somewhat credible (if you don't know very much about anatomy or physiology) and has 'created' a money making story using her knowledge.

Poop 3 times a day? No way that will go on my wish list.

Well just look at the contents of her lovely vitality pills that not only make you poop 3 or more times a day, they also stop aging.

• Ginger: Ginger reduces inflammation, prevents blood clots, aids with the circulation, lowers cholesterol and relieves nausea. It benefits digestion and helps the function of the intestines. It has been reported to improve colitis, colic and dyspepsia.
    • Aloe: Has anti-inflammatory anti-viral and laxative properties. It strengthens the intestines as well as improves gastritis and ulcers.
    • Senna: This is a laxative which aids in emptying the intestines. Its effects are balanced by the ginger. It’s concentration is limited and this means senna is effective yet gentle.
    • Cascara Sagrada: Encourages movement of the bowels and tones muscles of the intestinal tract. Enhances excretion of bile and corrects congestion of bile ducts. Aids chronic indigestion and chronic liver disease. The presence of ginger in this formulation decreases unwanted effects of cascara sagrada and makes this formulation suitable for long-term use.
    • Barberry: Strengthens the bile ducts, increases bile flow and reduces inflammation of the gallbladder. Cleanses and strengthens the liver and gallbladder system. Helps the liver do its work. Helps the kidney and spleen as well

• Clove: Clove has been added to the Vitality Capsules formulation for its mild anesthetic property, strong antioxidant and strong anti-parasitic properties. It increases the comfort of vitality Capsules yet enhances the effectiveness.

• Turmeric: Is a strong anti-inflammatory agent that enhances healing and increases circulation as well.
Just go out and purchase the Senna and Cascara Segrada rather than spending tons of money. Of course, if you take enough to pooh 3 or more times a day, it has probably given you diarrhea which I think would send most patients into a crash. Magnesium will do the same job at bowel tolerance.

It's too bad she no longer lives in the USA which is why she gets away with all this stuff.

This goes along the same lines as MMS curing autism etc. One prominent seller in the U.S was jailed for 4yrs promoting this dangerous 'treatment'.

She won't be jailed because she moved to Jamaica ages ago so not under USA law. Same for Jim Humble who preaches about MMS -- he lives in South America somewhere, I think. Apparently, there is a warrant out for his arrest but it can only be enacted if he enters the USA.

These people are despicable.

Basilico

Florida
Well just look at the contents of her lovely vitality pills that not only make you poop 3 or more times a day, they also stop aging.

Just go out and purchase the Senna and Cascara Segrada rather than spending tons of money. Of course, if you take enough to pooh 3 or more times a day, it has probably given you diarrhea which I think would send most patients into a crash. Magnesium will do the same job at bowel tolerance.

Years ago when I was trying to deal with my terrible chronic constipation, I came across Senna and Cascara Segrada but never used them because they are somewhat nasty herbs...long term use basically stops the GI system from functioning properly and causes the person to become completely dependent on laxatives. If you search for info online, everything comes with a warning not to use for more than 7 days or if you have any kind of GI problems like IBS or colitis. I would never trust someone who recommends using a supplement with these ingredients on a regular basis.

jjxx

@chilove @ahmo Thanks for sharing your valuable pine oil experiences and I am glad you have had such a positive report! One question: initially, did you take it every day or less often?

prioris

PURE GUM SPIRITS TURPENTINE = good thing to try

MMS = a kind of bleach = bad

One thing with MMS was that google was not displaying anything negative about it for many years. Couldn't find
anything much to prove or disprove.

I bought MMS for only $12 a long while back. Dabbled just a little bit with a few drops here and there and said this isn't for me. I was very careful in using it due to the lack of information. Since MMS is not patent protected, anyone can make and sell it and make money on it.

I won't say that kind of bleach can't cure something but I wouldn't know what that would be at the moment. There are people that did die using it but maybe they didn't listen to their body. Conventional health care and vaccines has contributed to killing and disabling tens of millions of people but most people are complacent about it. If Jim Humble contributes to killing someone, the same people get very upset. Conventional health care is where the vast majority of the real con artists inhabit.

The FDA and government is a support structure for this Jim Humble stuff when all is said and done. People resort to this due to the current atrocious health care system and long history of suppression in health.

The government could easily have created laws that protected the doctors in experimenting with alternative cures especially natural/alternative medicine and mine that information resulting from that for better treatment BUT they simply won't because making people healthier goes against their agenda.

The biggest myth is that pharmaceuticals are doing this to make a profit. Hidden agenda's from the top of the hidden power structure is what drives everything. Profit serves two purposes 1) covers up hidden agenda 2) provides financial incentives for people at lower levels to go along. The population is filled with sociopaths who have no problems throwing human life under the bus. For the ones with a little more conscience, they just adopt denial and ignorance. Without enough sociopaths, the current health care system would collapse.

Ambrosia_angel

I paint occasionally and previously used turps but now I've stopped because it smells so bad. They are bad to inhale in a closed room so I don't see why they'd be okay for ingesting.

I think any alternative medicine is okay as long as it's natural and used safely. Turpentine is not natural and ingesting it is certainly not safe. This is crazy!

prioris

I paint occasionally and previously used turps but now I've stopped because it smells so bad. They are bad to inhale in a closed room so I don't see why they'd be okay for ingesting.

I think any alternative medicine is okay as long as it's natural and used safely. Turpentine is not natural and ingesting it is certainly not safe. This is crazy!

You really haven't read the thread. The INDUSTRIAL made turpentine most people use during painting of their rooms is different from the PURE GUM terpentine used for health. The PURE GUM resin for health comes from pine trees. I wouldn't touch the regular industrial turpentine.

I have trial tested the PURE GUM turpentine and put two tsp in water and drank it on empty stomach. No big deal. I'd start out at 1/4 tsp just in case there could be allergic reaction. You need to take the time to study the history. Kerosene was a more dirty type of turpentine used back in history to cure things. It only seems crazy if one is ignorant.

leela

I take prioris's last sentence to mean ignorant of the historical usage, not ignorant as a person. So please let's not let this thread
get out of hand again. It's as important to take responsibility for our own reactivity as it is for choosing our words carefully.

We are all ignorant of so many things, because there is too much for any one person to know now.

All the pine resins have profound healing qualities, as well as a long history of spiritual use,
because of the various properties inherent in them. It's common sense not to ingest something
that is manufactured for industrial purposes.

When you think of how people use alcohol for recreational pleasure (I'm not advocating that--never touch it myself)
the whole medical gum spirits thing is not such a far stretch. I think the fundamental objection in modernity is that there are more alternatives available now
than there were in the days people resorted to kerosine for infection or a shot of bourbon before extracting a bullet. :jaw-drop:

This is an old thread and maybe this is a bit off topic but just wondering about terpenes being off gassed inside in log cabins? I went to view one last week, my mum said it had a very strong wood smell but I didn't notice - and I have a bloodhound's MCS!

Just wondering if I should risk a 12 month rental contract in case terpenes become a problem. I've always been fine using essential oils (externally).

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks