1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

turning yellow

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by V99, Dec 8, 2009.

1. da_foles

da_foles

brisbane, Australia
    Hey Mishy,

I was turning yellow way before starting on Famvir. Was truning yellow about 3 weeks into CFS. Amino acids I'm on are. Glycine, Calcium D glucarate, N.A.C, and lipoic acid. Been seeing a Dr and now seeing a naturopath. Hopefully we can work something out and get me back on track. Have had a good last few days so not sure if it is the amino acids or famvir. Will keep monitoring.

Cheers,

Andrew
  2. da_foles

da_foles

brisbane, Australia
    Kati,

thanks for the info. Phase 1 filtration of the liver is basically the part that smashes glass bottles into pieces then phase 2 is the part that breaks down this glass into parts the body can kid rid of through urine, sweat etc. So if I have a fast phase 1 and sluggish phase 2 I'm getting a large build up of toxins throughout the body. Have just had HIV, Hep b and c test one on Thursday still waiting on results.

Keeping the water up with famvir.
  3. rlc

rlc Senior Member

hi anyone interested in the causes of yellow skin and white eyes look at this http://en.diagnosispro.com/differential_diagnosis-for/yellow-skin-white-sclera/34487-154.html Yellow skin yellow eyes look here http://en.diagnosispro.com/differen...ndice-yellow-skin-and-eyes/37423-154-170.html dark skin hyperpigmentation etc here http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/dark_skin.htm grey skin can be a sign of hemochromatosis see here http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/condition_info_details.asp?disease_id=270 you can also develop grey skin from to much collidial silver it's called argyria. Please remember that changing skin colour is not in any of the diagnostic criteria for CFS so you may have a different condition!
  4. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    I have one CFs friend and one non-CFS friend who both went yellow from too much vitamin A. The CFS friend was on lots of supplements and, though her dosage of vit A was not excessive, it proved to be too much for her. The non-CFS friend took no supplements but possibly had a liver problem and was storing too much vitamin A from the foods she ate.
    So I would suggest checking all your supplements, and also try to figure out how many vitmain-A rich foods you are eating, and maybe find out about a blood test to check the level?
    BTW in both of these friends the most striking thing was yellow palms to their hands. Their faces were yellowish but the palms of their hands were the part that was most noticeably not normal.

On the subject of greyness, this can be caused by excess iodine. Again, I doubt anyone would take a supplement of it, but for PWCs it seems we can accumulate excesses of certain things without even taking very much. Just a thought.
  5. PattyMonster

PattyMonster

Hands turn yellow

I do eat the whole papaya in everyday about 3 months already.. Just noticed few days ago when see my hands turn yellow , thought something wrong with me, Is it cause of papaya?
  6. rydra_wong

rydra_wong Guest

But you said you only SOMETIMES go yellow so maybe during THOSE times it is your liver and you just never had a blood test taken that caught it yet? Have you tried Milk Thistle? I would take it for my liver just on account of the yellow... However if you are sensitive to NAC like some I would take a small dose to see how it goes first.
  7. rydra_wong

rydra_wong Guest

Ok, I must be a total idiot (I know, it's obvious right?) but I took a high dose iodine (Iodoral) for a year for no other reason than to ward off breast cancer after I turned 50. Low iodine is linked to breast cancer. The iodine caused extreme hyperthryoid for me but it went undiagnosed for a year. (In my defence the symptoms did not start immediately so I never tied the two).

See more popular forum discussions.