• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tuller / Undark: CDC Removes Reference to Disputed ME/CFS Therapies From Website

Cheshire

CDC Removes Reference to Disputed ME/CFS Therapies From Website
The agency has long recommended two controversial treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome. Earlier this month, it quietly made some changes.

For years, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended two controversial treatments for ME/CFS, the illness often known as chronic fatigue syndrome: a program of steadily increasing activity, and a specific form of cognitive behavior therapy. In early July, the agency removed information about the two treatments from the main section about the illness on its website — a move hailed by patients and advocates who had long fought for the change.

“It’s really, really significant,” said Mary Dimmock, a former pharmaceutical scientist and business analyst who turned to advocacy after her son became severely ill. The CDC’s recommendations influence medical treatment not only in the U.S. but around the world, noted Dimmock.

https://undark.org/2017/07/26/cdc-chronic-fatigue-graded-exercise/

Sancar

Sick of being sick ~
Wikipedia!?! ~ Anyone tried an attempt to correct thier misrepresentation of our illness. Let's face it millions go to that website as a 'go to' for answers. GET and all the the other damaging rhetoric is stated there just as is was on the CDC's website. I don't know how to address it. Perhaps @Mary could send them a letter written in the manner which she sent to Mayo Clinic. Wikipedia needs to be corrected!