Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

trying to fill a injectable methylcobalamin script ... no luck. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by voner, Apr 12, 2017.

1. voner

voner Senior Member

i've called at least 10 compounding pharmacy trying to fill a high concentration ( 10,000 µg/ml) injectable methylcobalamin script. No luck, outside of a quote or $175 plus overnight refrigerated shipping costs. i'd love some suggestions for compounding pharmacies to try. I tried skips and McGuffs. the concentration is the issue.

my second question is if I can get my doctor to lower the concentration level of the methylcobalamin, I think I can fill the script easier ( this stems from discussions with the pharmacists I have talked to)... does anyone have recommended compounding pharmacies to try? price and Customer service matterrto me..

thanks in advance.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

@voner - Can you call your doctor and ask him or her for a source?

Mary likes this.
  3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    I used to use McGuff's for injectable methylcobalamin, but my dose was 5,000. McGuff's was fine, I think most compounding pharmacies are priced around the same. I did not get refrigerated shipping, I don't think it's necessary. You don't have to keep it refrigerated when you receive it, just keep it away from light.

I've since switched to Bluebonnet liquid methylcobalamin, 5000 mg. per dose, and I take 2 a day/. It seems to be just as effective as the injections.

Mij and Valentijn like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I agree with @Mary the supplements work just as well.

Mary likes this.
  5. voner

voner Senior Member

good idea, i've contacted the doctors office repeatedl and they have been no help. there must be some people out there that use injectable methylcobalamin....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.