• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying to figure out this test result.....

soxfan

I have not spoken with my doctor yet but did look up my blood test results online. I had (once again) another HHV 6 Ab, IgG done through a lab in Utah.
When I had this test done in November at a local lab my results were 1:164 IgG which I know means past infection.

The test results I just received were HHV 6 Ab, IgG 21.44 (range 1-1.10) I have no idea how to interpret this. I know I will be hearing from the doctor hopefully this week but can anyone here understand how to read this? I would be very grateful....I did look on the labs site but it didn't say much about how to interpret this. Thanks.......

insearchof

Hi Soxfan

Can't comment on the change in digits, but I understood that IgG indicated past infection. I think the digit range just gives an indication of how recent the past infection was ie: are you just over it and in recovery or was it some time ago.? Though not 100% certain there. All the same that number looks odds .....can you ring the lab?

soxfan

I don't even know if I ever had it...I guess I will have to do some more searching and try to find the lab online. I thought the number looked strange too considering the range is totally different. Maybe I should just wait till I hear from the doctor. IgG does indicate past infection and that is about all I know!