• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying Amygdala Retraining 100%

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for a bit, and found Cort's site immensely helpful over the last 10 months as I toppled out of my normal life and into the world of CFS. I am doing a number of things that have been a bit helpful, but one month ago I committed myself to doing the Amygdala Retraining, and I am working at it everyday, consistenly. I have benefitted from reading the blogs of others here, and was wondering if anyone else is trying it whole hog as I am - it would be helpful to have someone to compare notes with.
I have also engaged a therapist with certifications in NLP and hypnotherapy to help me when I get stuck. I am planning to get better this year :), perhaps easier for me because I can remember it all so vividly. Memories of hiking or skiing all day, and laughing and drinking wine at night - these are things I can still taste and feel. I spent the winter weeping that they were gone forever.
I think mercury may have been what pushed me over the edge into this - who knows, really - but finally I am tolerating the treatement for it (just modifilan so far) and yet I feel like the mental stress and anguish I built up from being sick was keeping me sick.
My first month ha been transformative. I have improved from about 50% functionality to about 75%. I am thrilled, but want to keep totally focused on it. I can feel my body healing itself, and can feel systems coming back 'online' as I get out of my own way.
Anyone with helpful feedback or in a similar situation?
Fran

Adam

I'm sorry I can't help with any feedback. Just thought I would say thanks for sharing this and a sincere wish for your continued improvement.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Just keep focused on it! That's the most difficult part, I think, for these types of exercises. One of the really big problems I had and have, as you may remember from reading my blogs, is remembering times when I felt well (its been 30 years!). I think that is a key element in the program.

I also think - in fact I know - that I have a real problem with mercury, interestingly enough. Congratulations with your progress so far, thanks for the post and please keep us informed.