1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Try an abdominal binder or what?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by SickOfSickness, Oct 2, 2013.

1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Knee high compression socks help me. I am undecided if I should get a higher compression sock, or try something else. I read abdominal binders help more? Are they uncomfortable?

Also, sometimes I want something that doesn't cover my feet, so I can walk barefoot outside and touch the ground. So I hope the abdominal binder would work or what other options do I have? Don't the footless compression stockings push too much blood to your feet?

I don't like the nylon stocking type fabric, but I will get that if necessary.

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

I have a few types of abdominal binders and they are good if you have splanchic (abdominal) blood pooling as many of us do.

I wear cotton compression knee sock daily but add the binder if it is a bad OI day. Thing to look for is tight! A pull-on (like Spanx) won't be tight enough. I have a hook and eye one and also one with a zipper that work well. They are not exactly uncomfortable but it is like a python around your middle.:confused:

I found them for a cheap price at a department store outlet.

Sushi

SickOfSickness likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.