Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Try an abdominal binder or what?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by SickOfSickness, Oct 2, 2013.

1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Knee high compression socks help me. I am undecided if I should get a higher compression sock, or try something else. I read abdominal binders help more? Are they uncomfortable?

Also, sometimes I want something that doesn't cover my feet, so I can walk barefoot outside and touch the ground. So I hope the abdominal binder would work or what other options do I have? Don't the footless compression stockings push too much blood to your feet?

I don't like the nylon stocking type fabric, but I will get that if necessary.

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

I have a few types of abdominal binders and they are good if you have splanchic (abdominal) blood pooling as many of us do.

I wear cotton compression knee sock daily but add the binder if it is a bad OI day. Thing to look for is tight! A pull-on (like Spanx) won't be tight enough. I have a hook and eye one and also one with a zipper that work well. They are not exactly uncomfortable but it is like a python around your middle.:confused:

I found them for a cheap price at a department store outlet.

Sushi

SickOfSickness likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.