Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Truth about Adrenal Fatigue

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by heapsreal, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @picante, yes, I think that's a lot of what is wrong with me. It messed me up physically pretty bad and the brain fog.

I'm on another forum for the floxed, some much worse off than me.

I thnk after that hearing they decided to put two black bloxes on the paper that comes with the med. It's just amazing to me how they think someone sick and trusts their doctor can sit there and read all that medicaleese and understand it. .....they don't, they take the pill and too many times it will get a person on the first one. Very sad, medical abuse, really.

And there are a lot of doctors that don't know this. When they do they're reluctant to put it on the patients charts.

Some people get floxed over and over again because they're not told they're getting it in their IV in the hospital if they're in there for something else. There are several things doctors won't put on patient's records.

2. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    BTW, my acupuncturist has said that we are retraining my brain to make the signals to get these adrenal hormones going again.

You may know that cortisol can convert to cortisone and also the reverse. She commented that when you're overbalanced toward cortisone, it can make you worried. For me, I'd say that's an understatement. I get downright distressed (about the world, about my ghastly health, my lack of functioning, and not contributing to our household income because I'm too sick to work).

I found out that the licorice root serves to limit conversion from cortisol to cortisone, so I'm using it to keep cortisol levels higher (what she recommended), and since it also keeps cortisone levels lower, it calms me right down and boosts my energy when I get the two balanced.

I seem to be getting somewhere after a weekend of feeling impossibly exhausted and depressed.

Paralee likes this.
  3. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @picante, I knew nothing about cortisol vs. cortisone. I'll have to look that up. Does the body switch them back and forth?

4. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

After only a few days I've had more energy since upping the doses on rhodiola, ashwaghanda and PS. Could be placebo but I don't believe it is...

Paralee and Little Bluestem like this.
  5. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @MAF14 , I just found this trying to figure out my cortisol again. Thanks for those names, I can't take rhodiola or ashwaghanda or licorice. I'm probably sunk, but I think my cortisol (or whatever) is letting me do a few things today so I'm hunting on the net again.

6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Updated interview from this doctor on this original thread that may interest people and clarify some things said on adrenal fatigue.

sb4 likes this.
  7. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    heapsreal likes this.
  8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I like his honesty at the end when he say we really dont know whats going on but thetes treatments to try.

He mentioned infections a few times and i was waiting to see if a NP dr would mention abx or avs and he didnt. I think the th1 herbs arent really strong enough for many cfsers. We'd need a strong pharmaceutical drug to do that.

But i think overall he had some really good explanations though.

sb4 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.