1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Truth about Adrenal Fatigue

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by heapsreal, Oct 25, 2012.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I only use it at night to help sleep not muscle pain. Do u do hormones like pregenolone etc could help raise cortisol during the day which can help inflammation and PS at night to lower cortisol and help sleep. Thats sort of what im doing.

cheers!!

2. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

I take some Preg and Dhea, but not much because I get acne and thick facial hair.

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    You might consider DPA - D-phenylalanine. It helps to potentiate endorphins which can help a LOT with pain relief. I take 3-4 500 mg capsules a day when my old injuries are acting up.

heapsreal likes this.
  4. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

Thanks but DlPA did nothing for me. Never tried DPA.

5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Bumping this post up due to discussion on cortisol and cortisol resistance.

As the original article suggest, the para ventricular nucleus (PVN) seems to play a function in cortisol sensitivity. Phosphatidyleserine is said to help improve this cortisol sensitivity which seems to help those with high cortisol and those with high night time cortisol and having problems with sleep. Phosphatidyleserine does seem abit hit and miss with some as it can lower cortisol abit too much for some?

Sushi likes this.
  6. Tired of being sick

Tired of being sick Senior Member

Western PA USA
    Book marked for a later read..

Thanks for posting @heapsreal

heapsreal likes this.
  7. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I've read this article multiple times over the last 6 months and I've also seen other doctors who talk about the PVN.

The PVN doesn't just get confused though, it seems to get caught in a negative feedback loop or inhibited by excess cytokines. In my opinion something is causing this to happen, and it's not the PVN's fault. I think the root cause is infection or inflamation, or blood sugar issues.

The PVN's major affect on increasing or lowering cortisol could cause hypothyroidism. Lower cortisol, and there's not enough cortisol for the t3 to enter the cell. If the cortisols too high it could cause high conversion to rt3 or thyroid resistance.

heapsreal likes this.
  8. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)

I think your right. With ME we mostly think of infections and immune system and forget that ME is also about inflammation of the brain and spinal cord.

Either the initial infection or ongoing infections which cause all the inflammation cause damage to the hypothalamus which gives us many of our neurological symptoms such as insomnia and many parasympathetic abnormalities causing symptoms like pots/oi etc.

I also wonder with research mentioning those post and pre 3 years with cfsme that those post 3 yrs may have more permanent damage and those less than 3 yrs have more reversible issues? ?

It seems that many of our hormones and neurotransmitters need to be controlled manual with meds etc. Everything seems to interact with each other also.

Can get a headache trying to understand it all? ?

9. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Whether ME/CFS is of infectious or autoimmune origin, the HPA is ultimately under the control of the immune system.

It is of course also possible that direct damage to the hypothalamus causes these problems.

See more popular forum discussions.