Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Truth about adrenal fatigue and how immune system effects it.

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by heapsreal, Oct 17, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0npV7dA70

A quick run down is that this guy is saying that infections and cytokines from infections can interrupt the actions of cortisol so it doesnt work properly, there are other reason but i think this is more related to cfs/me then alot of people realise. These hormones also have alot to do with blood pressure etc so maybe reason for POTS/OI symptoms in cfs too

2. PokerPlayer

PokerPlayer Guest

Seattle, Washington
    I was always under the view that adrenal fatigue = a certain type of infection/bacteria that affects adrenal hormone production.

It seems like adrenal fatigue can lead to cfs/me and the other way around as well. This would make sense if they both are immune system deficiency problems, and they kind of have synergistic effects on one another.

3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Yes exactly, i think this is why its improtant to not only find what infections are causing problems and improve immune function but having these infections long term can worsen adrenal fatigue and this will need treating itself even when infection is cleared. This is the process i am in now, i reacted poorly to treating adrenals when infections were still troubling me but now handling adrenal hormone treatments better. Plus doing this will strengthen the immune system further as well. I think those that have partially responded to antivirals etc but still have some residual fatigue etc would benefit alot from adrenal type treatments. The video explains it very well.

cheers!!!

4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Thanks heaps, that was really helpful. I.m positive for adrenal fatigue but my doc just has me working on restoring my gut. This explains why .. Tc . X

5. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    Here's a study from PubMed that shows the relationship between cortisol and cytokines. The study focuses on reactions to stress but since a faulty HPA axis has an effect on stress response, note the conclusion which I've highlighted:

6. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    So with all these hormones etc, theres no good or bad hormone, its just that we need the optimal amount and the correct hormonal response to certain situations, so elevated cortisol is what you want with a stressful situation has it helps us to function when this happens, its the prolonged high cortisol levels that cause damage and with some of us it burns out and we produce chronically less cortisol then we are suppose to, so dont react very well to stress ie infection, emotional stuff etc etc. The best we can do is to try and get them all to an optimal levels not just into the lab ranges of blood tests as these are far from optimal.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.