• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

True focus?

adreno

PR activist
The main active ingredient for improving focus in this product would be tyrosine. Usually, people get tolerant to it's effects after a few weeks, if taking daily. Taken sporadically, it will most likely work to improve focus. So would a cup of coffee. Both tyrosine and caffeine work to increase dopamine levels, which is the main neurotransmitter involved in attention.

Thanks Adreno. What's yor background? You're very helpful with explaining how things work. I actually came across this product when I was looking for phenylalanine which seems to work well with P-5-P. This one has both tyrosine and phenylalanine. It might not work well for some people as some of the reviews mentioned. Still, I'm curious. I stopped drinking coffee since it's not great for vitamin absorbtion, so an alternative would actualy be nice.

Mij

I'm not familiar with this product True Focus, but what works for some does not feel so great for others. My experience supplementing with L-Tyrosine and L-Phenylalanine was that it gave me insomnia and jitterness. I had very low levels on my amino acid tests so I thought I would give it a try. Overall I don't do well with supplements that boost energy ie coffee, tyrosine etc, it gives me a wired imbalance. I've gotten more "energy" with supplements such as Magnesium and Taurine that calm the brain and nervous system.