1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California Conference Season 2014: Stanford Presents - Advances in Clinical Care and Translation...
The 2014 conference season began yesterday at Stanford, home of Dr. Jose Montoya and his team, and searcher was there to provide a live commentary on the presentations from an all-star line-up of clinicians and scientists and which featured some exciting new developments on the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. cureminded

cureminded

2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    The main active ingredient for improving focus in this product would be tyrosine. Usually, people get tolerant to it's effects after a few weeks, if taking daily. Taken sporadically, it will most likely work to improve focus. So would a cup of coffee. Both tyrosine and caffeine work to increase dopamine levels, which is the main neurotransmitter involved in attention.
  3. cureminded

cureminded

Thanks Adreno. What's yor background? You're very helpful with explaining how things work. I actually came across this product when I was looking for phenylalanine which seems to work well with P-5-P. This one has both tyrosine and phenylalanine. It might not work well for some people as some of the reviews mentioned. Still, I'm curious. I stopped drinking coffee since it's not great for vitamin absorbtion, so an alternative would actualy be nice.
  4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Well, I have a degree in psychology. Some of the subjects I have studied is neuroscience and psychopharmacology.
  5. Mij

Mij Senior Member

I'm not familiar with this product True Focus, but what works for some does not feel so great for others. My experience supplementing with L-Tyrosine and L-Phenylalanine was that it gave me insomnia and jitterness. I had very low levels on my amino acid tests so I thought I would give it a try. Overall I don't do well with supplements that boost energy ie coffee, tyrosine etc, it gives me a wired imbalance. I've gotten more "energy" with supplements such as Magnesium and Taurine that calm the brain and nervous system.

See more popular forum discussions.