1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Trudy Chalder maligns CFS patients in new study on emotional theory

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by WillowJ, May 22, 2011.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    Oldershaw A, Hambrook D, Rimes KA, Tchanturia K, Treasure J, Richards S, Schmidt U, Chalder T. "Emotion recognition and emotional theory of mind in chronic fatigue syndrome." Psychol Health. 2011 Jan 1:1-17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 21598185

Section of Eating Disorders, Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, London, UK.

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    She really is a "side show" now. There's a comic Ad in the UK for those needing new glasses when mistaking one thing for another with humerous results - "should have gone to Spec Savers".
  3. currer

currer Senior Member

Dont worry any longer about this sort of study !!!!
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    you both think so? that's good, thanks...
  5. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    By the way, for such effects to be independent of symptoms, the healthy controls should be required to exercise to excess before participating in the tasks. (I recommend getting them to run a marathon first) ;)

These studies tend to have selection/participation biases...
  6. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    lol, and true

but it would be easier just to use patients with RA, MS, diabetic encepalopathy, heart failure, Lupus, and the like (to really compare, the controls would have to be pretty much untreated as well as stigmatized, maligned, or generally despised [and unfairly so] by at least half their contacts: medical, professional, and family)
  7. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    hmm... this study really gets to the fundamental root causes of ME, doesn't it?!?

Excellent use of research funding :rolleyes:
  8. currer

currer Senior Member

Honestly folks, no need to upset yourselves.
  9. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    We have this in the US too. Trudy Chalder lets in the rabid raccoon thinking it's his cat! (Trudy is a 'he' right, despite the girly name?)
  10. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
  11. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

Really?????
  12. currer

currer Senior Member

She'd better head on down to jobseekers! The gravy train is about to dry up.
    peggy-sue likes this.
  13. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Lets hope she does ! She and her kind responsible for entrenching mumbo jumbo in the UK with their wild beliefs - somatisation - "gods of the gaps" (ie don't really know or understand). Personally could not relate to anything in their "brave new world".
    PhoenixDown likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.