• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trouble Sourcing Clindamycin

Daffodil

hi everyone. my doc wants me to take enteric coated Clindamycin, which does not seem to exist. has anyone out there been told to take this?
thanks
daff

Daffodil

@minkeygirl I called compounding places but apparently, enteric coating is an industrial process and cannot be done at a pharmacy.

@deleder2k I am in Canada but have looked all over for the medicine.

@MadeleineKM thanks! is Dalacin enteric coated?? I cannot find that part on the internet

xoxo

MadeleineKM

The pharmacy said they where enteric coated capsules but I am not 100% shure because I couldnt fint anything saying that in the paper. I am thinking about bringing them with my next doc appointment to ask if they are. They are also sold as Cleocin, looks like it depends on which country :)

Daffodil

@MadeleineKM @minkeygirl @sarah darwins so I called a pharmacy in Brussels and they said they can make it enteric coated. apparently they can make the antibiotic from scratch.

the person who told me it has to be done industrially was actually the supplier of enteric coated capsules so turns out he was incorrect..i guess some places do it.

now I have to try to find someone here who will do it, or order from Europe!

thanks for all your help guys
xox

Vojta

I got it prescribed too. But they can't do it in every EU country. It's apparently problem get it enteric coated in the Czech Republic too.
Few years back I got enteric coated erythromycine and amoxicilin in Belgium. It looked like they put powder antibiotc into two-part gelatine-like capsules. But unfortunately it seems Belgium doesn't allow online buying of prescription medicine.

If you manage to locate source in EU who does online shipping, please let me know or post here.