• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trouble at National ME/CFS society level in Aust, fighting between the state societies

taniaaust1

http://www.sacfs.asn.au/news/2014/05/05_03_the_future_for_mecfs_sufferers_in_australia.htm

sighs, I personaly wouldnt want our national society to change its name to what the Victorian society is trying to do as the name people wouldnt have a clue what it was about, probably would just help to further bury ME and CFS.

Im against that proposed new name too as the SA society lost its good journal for a while and we changed to the one called EMERGE (i think it was.. like the new proposed national society name) and the other states journal had included articles along the lines of CBT and GET (one of those).. I think it was an article by Lloyd if Im remember correctly. I was so upset by the offensive article in that Victorian? Emerge ME/CFS journal that I quit my membership at the SA society for quite a while and didnt renew. Sooo glad we dont get that journal anymore and that SA is back to doing its own.

Im glad the SA society is standing its ground and outting what is going on but terribly sad our societies obviously are not communicating and being threatened by each other. I think Australia has a very long way to go before we have a good working together National ME/CFS body going on.

(the way its looking to me it may even be better if the state societies go there own ways again rather then this infighting.. I dont think the National body has done anything for ME/CFS anyway).

Im wondering how other Australians here feel about what is happening with our state societies?