• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tribunal orders QMUL to release anonymised PACE data 16 Aug 2016

Bob

Well I'm pretty twitter illiterate but when I looked back at Coyne's twitter account on 1st Sept I didn't see that tweet, but it may well be I'm not looking at the right place!
He starts the tweet with "@" which means that it might only show under "Tweets and Replies" in his timeline, rather than just "Tweets"; depending on whether you're using an app, mobile web browser, or a PC web browser. If you're using a web browser on a PC then select "Tweets and Replies", or similar wording.

worldbackwards

Is this likely to be another instance of someone complaining about reputational damage because the Tribunal has pointed out something that they've done which is likely to damage their reputation?

Chrisb

It might be helpful to compare what might be happening here to the process of "Maxwellisation" adopted by some enquiries, including the recent Chilcott Enquiry. Under that process, as I understand it, a draft of the decision is made available to affected parties, who are entitled to seek amendments to correct errors of fact, before publication of the decision.

It may be that if it is accepted by all parties that the decision has inadvertently misstated or misrepresented factual evidence adduced to it, the proper course would be to amend the decision to correct that error. Findings of fact cannot be appealed...I think.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
The drama continues. :nervous: Of course this couldn't move forward in a straight line.

No matter we have the draft copied (or whatever it actually is) I have a downloaded copy I know @TiredSam does perhaps others.

There's no doubt in my mind that the appellants would not be happy with the wording--I was somewhat blown away by the frankness of statements. Perhaps @Valerie Eliot Smith knows more?

Kati

Patient in training
Why on earth should there be an appeal if the PACE team can go through the back door and smooth things out with ICO? Thngs are getting wierder and weirder.

BurnA

This tweet seems to have vanished . . . or is it just me?

edited to say i think it was the one that said that QMUL had a problem and that was why it was withdrawn.
Can anyone tell me what the tweet said ?

I think it said that QMUL had objected to something in the tribunal decision and that was why it had been taken down - sorry brain very slow

Bob

I will repeat. This is all speculation. We have no solid information.

I doubt that there will be any substantial changes to the decision notice, if any changes at all, because the notice has already been published, and they spent months working on it. The solicitors on each team probably saw a copy of the notice before it was made public.

Does anyone know who Meredith MacIver is? Maybe I'm being rude but I just noticed that they only joined twitter last month - I just wondered if someone was having a little fun with us. There is a famous Meredith MacIver who works for Donald Trump and I think took the blame for his wife's plagiarized speech - or something like that. I just woke up so maybe I'm looking at things in a bit of an odd way. Forgive me if this person is real.

I feel terrible for saying that now. I'm sure they are a real person but i think they were joking and now maybe feel a bit embarrassed.

Sorry communication really not my strong point - like blood from stone :)

Edit Oh god - I can't even do symbols right! I meant :-(

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
I like the occasional laugh as much as the next person, but if this is a joke it's not much of one, wasting all our time and energy like this.

Twitter account now showing this:

upload_2016-9-5_23-36-9.png

I suspect the original tweet was based on hearsay and unchecked facts and has now been withdrawn. All speculation on my part, of course.