• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trial by Error: The NICE guidelines, and more on the CDC

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
I always wondered how those PACE/Fitnet and other garbage authors would respond when confronted with people that are harmed by GET. Their defence so far is that not everyone implements it correctly. I've had mine at Het Roessingh in NL, who are quite renowned, and got quite a lot worse. How'd Bleijenberg, Knoop and the like respond on a public platform when confronted with that. Would they throw het Roessingh under the bus? How would their English counterparts react to similar situations?

*edit* fixed a sentence that was broke.

First blame the patients. If that starts wearing a bit thin, blame the therapists. It'll be interesting to see who/what they choose to blame when that starts wearing a bit thin too. Anyone or anything rather than admit that they might be less than infallible. They have never conceded any point or admitted one mistake. Any legitimate criticism or scientific inquiry is treated as a personal attack and responded to with abusive personal attacks and labelling in return. What a bunch of immature babies they are. I wish they'd grow the f. up and learn what science is about. Failing that, they should have their pocket money stopped and be sent to their rooms.

BurnA

I look forward to the day when there is no-one left to blame and they start pointing at each other, bottom lips quivering, protesting loudly "He made me do it!" Or she, of course.
When you see that George Davy Smith is allegedly trying to silence Coyne, you know someone is getting worried.

Once their money is under threat of drying up, people who defended PACE will be running as far away from PACE as possible. It will be fun to watch.