• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trial By Error, Continued: CMRC to Virology Blog: “F**k Off!”

lilpink

I saw one comment on the Tuller blog post:

"For those who would like to see the back of the CMRC (possibly most patients) hasn't Holgate actually done this for us by demoting any sense of it having anything other than a 'voluntary' pals-in-the-pub 'get together' with 'no official standing'? Did't he just let go of the tent pole while we were all watching?"

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
He explained that the questions I have raised “are not the business” of the collaborative, which after all is a “voluntary” group and has “no official standing.”

Zero accountability?

So if they are so inofficial that they are not in a position to respond to a letter to the board, how on earth are they going to be able to enforce the declarations or any other agreements made by the individual members? Looks like the individual members can blab about whatever they want or take any position they choose with impunity, seeing as the collaborative has "no official standing" to do anything about it.

Anyway, terms such as "board member", "charity member" and "observer" are all just further examples of BPS double-speak. In reality they are all merely "observers".

Someone emailed Action for ME for their response to Crawley's comments at the BRS. They finally got a response which they posted beneath the latest Tuller blog post:
@Ysabelle-S , to improve readability, please could you edit your post and then click on the "Insert full image" button alongside the screenshot that you have uploaded. This will mean that we won't have to click on the image in order to be able to view it. Many thanks.

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
@Ysabelle-S , to improve readability, please could you edit your post and then click on the "Insert full image" button alongside the screenshot that you have uploaded. This will mean that we won't have to click on the image in order to be able to view it. Many thanks.

I've deleted the post because the formatting got messed up when I changed it. Will try again....

Someone emailed Action for ME for their response to Crawley's comments at the BRS. They finally got a response which they posted beneath the latest Tuller blog post:

Action for ME response to Crawley at BRS.JPG

I think the email was effectively advising/warning a particular person to keep her mouth shut, because every time she opens it she makes another huge gaff, and digs a deeper hole for all of them. Especially as there are legal implications. They are worried by her I think. If they have the slightest bit of sense they will be taking legal advice, and I imagine the first bit of advice they would get would be to say nothing.

I think the email was effectively advising/warning a particular person to keep her mouth shut, because every time she opens it she makes another huge gaff, and digs a deeper hole for all of them. Especially as there are legal implications. They are worried by her I think. If they have the slightest bit of sense they will be taking legal advice, and I imagine the first bit of advice they would get would be to say nothing.

I think it's more likely it was intended to be a dismissal of the concerns of an annoying American.

My question is what is the financial connection to the CBT - GET to Holgate, it is more than obvious it is beyond protecting EC. WE need to dig into the CMRC ties with this mess, dig deep.

I think its just that he's an Establishment sort who thinks Researchers should be respected by patients, and shouldn't have to defend their claims through open discussion and debate. That's all the 'corruption' that's needed imo, and it's a form of corruption that is widespred in UK medical research.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
Oh who wouldn't want to get into bed with a misogynist Putin-collaboarating narcissist and some fancy bears?

Sean

Yeah, dealing with Wikileaks might be playing with serious fire, especially in the current global political situation.

Cinders66

I suppose Holgate et al aren't worried about what David Tuller will do at the IIME conference as I think not one member, aside from Charles and Sonya, will attend, which shows how deep their interest and knowledge of ME research and science truly is.

Chrisb

One case may be annoying and two a coincidence. But three give cause for suspicion.

There is the Lancet's apparent refusal to respond, followed by the apparent inability of AfME to communicate the decision of its Board. Now we have the CMRC saying keep schtum. This begins to look like a coordinated strategy, possibly the result of advice received.

One would think that it should not have been too difficult to stave off the worst effects of the recent conference debacle: apologise for incorrect use of photo, explain an apparent misunderstanding due to lack of full context of juxtaposition of images, expression of regret for any unintentional impression arising, explanation to DT and further apology. Indicate that the image will not be re-used.The matter would have been forgotten by now and we would have nothing to discuss.

You would expect such an approach to be standard. So why has it not been followed?

Is there a willingness to lose a battle to win a war?