Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 2
Clark Ellis brings us Part 2 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Treatment website by Campbell and Lapp

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Andrew, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Don't expect to see a list of supplements or pills. This site appears to be mostly about self-management. But keep in mind, Lapp and Campbell have great reputations.

http://www.treatcfsfm.org/index.html

2. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Dr Lapp/Dr Black helped me mangage my ME/CFS as well as could be done, I think. I have a great deal of respect for both of them. They probably slowed my descent into further illness. I didn't start getting better until I got Valcyte from Dr Lerner, though.

So if you're looking for a way to get more control over your life with ME/CFS, this info is likely to be very valuable, based on my experience. :)

I have to say though, that I got far more out of 8+ months of Valcyte than a couple of years of management. That said, I think the management techniques and sleep meds I got from Drs Lapp/Black have probably contributed substantially to how well Valcyte has worked for me. I imagine it takes both to make any big dents in this illness.

3. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks for the perspective.

4. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Thanks for the link Andrew. This kind of simple and essential information from a veteran ME/CFS doc is a great resource, especially to new people. If I had found something like that (and adhered to it) 16 years ago, I would most likely not be sick today.

See more popular forum discussions.