• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

treatment for worms has helped my gut a bit but why?

orion

Just to give you guys an update, I've exchanged several emails with MagicPharma over the telephone issue and they wouldn't budge. However, I didn't want the hassle of cancelling the order and finding another supplier so I decided to obtain a new telephone number to use just for the purposes of completing the transaction. You can easily get a new telephone number for free in the UK. However, in the meantime, MagicPharma have gone and given me a refund anyway!

Ordinarily I'd walk away at this point. But the fact that they did refund my money without a fight has given me some (limited) confidence in their organisation. So I might have another go at placing an order once my new telephone number is set up.

orion

The saga with MagicPharma continues. I got hold of a new throwaway telephone number, entered the details on MagicPharma's site, and then placed my order for a second time.

They've now emailed me to say that the number is invalid because they tried calling me and got a voicemail, which is probably true because I rarely have my phone on even when I'm using my main number.

I'm beginning to smell a rat. Why are they so obsessed with getting my phone number? Surely they realise that in the mobile-era a phone number is useless as a means of verifying someone's identity. Are they selling the numbers on?

I can't believe I'm desperate enough to still be dealing with such a shady outfit.

What's ironic is that they don't even provide their address on their website, which is illegal for companies based in the UK. I've pointed out this obvious double-standard to them. Let's see how they respond.

I'm guessing they'll probably just cancel my order again. If they do, can anyone here recommend another online source for ivermectin and praziquantel?

Thanks

u&iraok

I had candida, bad bacteria and parasites and went to Dr. Biamonte for cure. He put me on a protocol which included candida diet, natural things to kill the beasties, MSM, diatomaceous earth to scrape away the layers of candida and junk on the intestinal wall, probiotics when the numbers of beasts were way down and the gut could repopulate.

No one knew one of the beasties was a foot long tapeworm! Eek! The weird thing is that I could feel something living in me that had a very strong lifeforce.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Wow! are you feeling a bit better now then that the tapeworm is gone? I happened to mention to Dr Myhill about my guts reaction to mebedazole and she agreed that it could be a different type of worm other than tapeworm causing my symptoms -maybe roundworm? she has prescribed me a 3 day course of mebendazole at a higher dose to see if i can get more lasting effects for my gut symptoms which are still much improved after the last round of mebendazole.
All the best, Justy

A month ago I decided to give Vermox a go, and to my amazement I experienced a symptom improvement. This is really unusual for me, as I tend to be one of those people, who either doesnt react to treatments, or reacts badly. I used the dosage suggested by Smygen (post #34) i.e. 200mg twice a day for 3 days.

Ive just now finished my second 3 day trial to see if I could replicate my experience, and I had a similar result. Its a bit hard to describe what this improvement actually is, but its more like an increase in my overall sense of well-being. Unlike Justy, I didnt have any improvement in my gut issues, but my cognitive function was definitely better.

The improvements only lasted while I was on the Vermox, and dropped off quite rapidly after stopping.

Im not convinced that the killing off of parasites is responsible, and I lean more towards the mitochondrial theory outlined by Kurt (post #24), or maybe Vermox is acting on the immune system in some way.

I intend to do some more experimenting with Vermox, to see if I can link dosages to symptom changes. My doctor was quite bemused by my response, and he was not too concerned about my continued experimentation. Nevertheless, as Im using this drug in much higher doses than for its intended use. I will proceed with caution.

Ill report back on my progress in a couple of months, when Ill have a much better idea of the big picture.

All the best,

Sandra

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
An update from me.

After my initial good reaction to Mebendazole Dr Myhill suggested a course of 100mg 3 x day for 3 days to see what happened then, she felt as i di that maybe i had a parasite other than the regular kids worms.

I took them last weekend, starting on saturday. By sunday evening i was beginning to have some bad stomach cramps, i still took the bedtime dose and was kept awake for the whole night with the most awful excrutiating stomach pain and wind that i have ever suffered in my life. The next day i declined to finish the course and i continued to feel very very ill for 2 more days. The pain was so bad a t one point that i considered going to casualty.
I didnt appear to pass anything unusual in stools.

I am never taking mebendazole again!
It is listed as an uncommon side effect.
Justy.

BTW before starting the mebendazole i had had yet another stomach bug that the rest of the family cleared in 3 days but mine was unresolved after 3 weeks (as usual)

xrayspex

This thread is great, would love to hear updates from everyone. I have come to conclusion after occasionally using black walnut/wormwood last couple years, well, some things have been revealed but not resolved thru that, I realize I probably need to do some work in this area. not looking forward to it because I can feel worse for acouple days from one drop of blackwalnut/ww tincture but then feelbetter for a couple days after that, its just not a fun process.

SaraM

I had Ascaris and Pinworms as a child and never was treated properly. 3 years ago I tried Paragone together with Psylium Husk for 2 weeks and expelled one Ascaris worm. Then I tried Menbendazole I ordered from India for 3 days with no results. I will start taking Diatomaceous earth next week, and If I do not notice a difference , I will try the protocol explained in the following link. I have burning pain in my belly area as if something is biting me.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1586882

SaraM

I am seeing white stringy things and blood after taking DE ,GSE, oregeno oil, and garlic.

SaraM

I am taking stromectol ( ivermectin) now. Not easy at all . I am taking 2 pills/ week. I have not seen any worms yet, but the burning abdominal pain is almost gone for now. I was wrong about seeing worms after taking DE, GSE,...

roller

wiggle jiggle
Just want to add a bit, I had a similar experience when my young daughter had ringworm and the whole family had to take a few doses of an anti-parasitic, called 'Vermox.' The strangest thing happened, a few hours later my head cleared up, completely. I felt better than I had for years. But that night was even more interesting, I had required a benzodiazapine to sleep at that point for several years. But the night after first dosing with vermox I fell asleep before taking the benzo, sadly this positive reaction only lasted about 24 hours. So I thought it was a fluke, did not even connect the experience with taking the Vermox. Then a week later when we had the second required dose, the exact same thing happened, I felt better and slept naturally for one night. The next day after that second dose I realized it was the Vermox, but learned this was strong stuff you would not want to take every day. So maybe a big clue, I have wondered exactly what was managed by the Vermox but never come up with a logical explanation. Years later I was put on other anti-parasitics, but usually could not tolerate the side-effects for very long, and no other med ever did this for me.

lol...

i just want to add a bit, too...

at various times, earliest at around age 12, i had sort of epileptic falls.
fainting was a normal thing anyway (getting up from a chair and blood pressure drops...)
these falls however were different.
one major sensation was the turmoil in the guts.
this felt extremely life-threatening to me, and im not easy to scare.

end of 2014 i bought a mebendazole and an albendazole out of boredom, i just couldnt get the wanted anti-malarials for weeks already...

i took the mebendazole and almost instantly felt the 'turmoil'. massive, heavy - but just for 2 or 3 seconds perhaps.
i was very scared at the moment, but at the same time i thought it was good. it felt just good. strange.

the improvement on well-being on that mebendazole was dramatic.
except for a major constipation and being frightened to find a 20m tapeworm or something.
though, i didnt see a single worm in the stool. all as usual.

i also struggled to find out, what mebendazole else could do so good - if not expelling parasites. couldnt find anything.
who cares i thought, and i bought a 500 tablet bottle, cheap as chips, taking every saturday one. for 3 weeks.
no worms. no itching. nothing. just good..

on monday, i remembered that albendazole+ivermectin tablet and decided to pop this one, too.
2 hours later i had a flu. out of nothing, but with everything that belongs to one. im anti-prone to flus.

the next morning, at the toilet, was surreal.
i still can only say this.
and that was just the start.

Last edited: