1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

treatment for worms has helped my gut a bit but why?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by justy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. orion

orion Senior Member

UK
    Lala,

Could you do me a favour and ask Valerian (Valeriano?) which of the three antiparasitic drugs that she tried was the most effective? Or did she try all of them simultaneously? Also, did she obtain the drugs in the Czech Republic with a prescription or did she order online? If it was the latter then which online pharmacy did she use?

Unfortunately, the drugs appear to be only available with a prescription in the UK (unless you buy one of the brands licensed for veterinary use, which I'm considering doing).

Thanks for your help.
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Just an update from me again to say that my last dose has held for longer this time and my gut symptoms are still massively improved. I have also been able to eat wheat without any problems at all, have had no nausea or rumbling or trapped wind or pain etc.
  3. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    She said ivermectin and praziquantel were most effective. She took them in sequence, not together. She had drugs from Czech boy, who lives in Thailand. In Thailand the drugs are free of prescription. They are not available in our country at all.

I think we live in the Middle Ages. When you got tuberculosis it was either from immoral thoughts or from mud's fumes. No difference today with other infections! According to white idiots the problem is always in our thoughts and even if one passes enormous tapeworm they are not able to identify it. They would not find an excavator if it arrived into their office, I think!
    slayadragon likes this.
  4. rlc

rlc Senior Member

Hi justy, glad to hear youre improving!!! Something you might want to look into to help with other symptoms is, that worms cause intestinal blood loss which causes iron deficiency which judging by your low ferritin you have.

Theres some information on worms and iron deficiency here http://www.idpas.org/pdf/168HookwormControl.pdf

And some information on the symptoms of iron deficiency here http://www.essortment.com/symptoms-iron-deficiency-46101.html

You might find that taking extra iron and some extra B12 and Folate which are needed to make blood might help with some of the other symptoms.

Hope you keep on improving!!!

All the best
  5. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks rlc for your input -ive been taking iron for a long time now and my levels have very slowly improved but not by very much -will read up your links later thanks for taking the effort!

Im also on Thyroxine now for subclinical hypothyroidism or Sheehans syndrome and im hoping it will help -still too early to tell but all in all i am much improved since last year but still get the most terrible PEM if i try and do anything physical or too taxing mentally or emotionally but im beginnign to feel a bit like me again :)
    Take care, Justy.
  6. orion

orion Senior Member

UK
    It looks like both of those drugs are available from www.magicpharma.com and they're not too expensive. It's not a company I've used before. However, other people here have recommended them in the past so I might give them a shot.
  7. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    Thanx, Orion.
  8. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    If you try them, let me know, how it goes.
  9. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Does anyone know what happened to the research on Cryptostrongylus pulmoni by Dr. Klapow? Is he still doing it? Has there been any progress?
  10. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia
    That looks interesting acer2000. I hadn't come across this.
  11. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Acer -ive tried following up on the research by searching on the net but cant find anything anywhere of any use to us, if anyone else has any up to date info that would be good -all the searches i do lead back to the same one interview/piece of research.
  12. rlc

rlc Senior Member

Hi justy, great that youve improved so much since last year. Not surprising that your ferritin is taking so long to go up if you have a worm infection but hopefully the medication will clear the infection and then your Ferritin will return to normal. Are you taking the dosage for tread or round worms? For round worms you need to take more medication for longer and repeat it after a few weeks. Theres a whole lot of really good information on round worms here http://www.roundworm-treatment.com/

Such a shame everybody doesnt have to get tested for worms before they get a CFS diagnosis Dr Byron Hyde tests all his patients for parasites as they are commonly misdiagnosed as CFS. Ive written out all the tests he mentions in his article the complexities of diagnosis here if anyone is interested http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...s-How-to-rule-out-all-other-possible-Diseases When you see all the tests he does and compare it to the tiny amount of tests the likes of the CDC and NICE recommend its not surprising that the new ICC criteria says that only 10% of people given CFS and ME diagnoses have ME, a 90% misdiagnosis rate is truly disturbing, but thats what you get if you dont test people properly and use vague criteria, anyway I digress.

As far as the Cryptostrongylus pulmoni goes I havent seen any updates on it, but it is a member of the roundworm family so I would imagine it could be killed by the same treatment as is used for roundworms, ordinary roundworms can also infect the lungs as well so theres nothing to surprising about Dr Klapow finding them in the lungs. There are quite a lot of herbal cures for worms but I would recommend anyone thinking of taking them to see a medical herbalist first as some of them are very powerful and might interact with other medications.

All the best Justy hope you keep improving !!!!
  13. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    I pulled these notes on Klinghardt's conference from: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

This is, to my knowledge, Klinghardt's most recent thoughts on parasites in Lyme and ME/CFS. He seems to think they're the key for many of us. Interesting he specifies lungworm. Also his strong endorsement of Mimosa Pudica -I'd never heard of this one. If you look it up on Wikipedia you'll find: "Its extract immobilizes the filariform larvae of Strongyloides stercoralis in less than one hour."

14. Michael Dessin

Michael Dessin Senior Member

Ohio
    Para Klenz by antitox is great for these parasites...they cause the most problems but easy to get rid of..6 weeks but should do off and on for a lengthy time.

Klinghardt also talks alot about CCSVI at that conference which is a huge issue for ME patients! I just started balloon dilation which Klinghardt mentions in the notes as well, very good treatment for resetting the nervous system as well as opening blood vessels from the brain to get blood flowing throughout the body.
  15. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

I just ordered Mimosa Pudica from Hopkinton Drug. 180 capsules for $53
  16. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia
    Anyone know any other online sources for Mimosa Pudica?
  17. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    What is MSH?
  18. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    This is from Klinghardt too.

19. orion

orion Senior Member

UK
    I ordered the drugs over the weekend. Unfortunately, Magic Pharma are now jerking me around. They're insisting that I provide them with my telephone number before they ship my order. But I'm not prepared to do that in case they sell my data to a spammer. So I might have to insist on a refund and go to another company.
  20. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    if its worth anything, i havent got any spam from magic pharma and i have been ordering from them for awhile.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.