1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Treating Brain Fog with sam-E methylation

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by physicsstudent13, Sep 18, 2013.

1. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

Sam-e seemed to be great for my brain fog and focus/concentration
    http://www.ebrainsupplements.com/best-of-nootropics-same
    I have terrible brain fog and exhaustion from sleep apnea and heard that TBI brain injury treatments work for that. I did have profound effects from sam-E so I'm taking methylfolate and vitamin B

I'm curious how methylation seems to work to cure brain fog and give clarity/concentration. it seems to induce hormonal changes and give me cystic acne but then I am still foggy today?
    today I'm really foggy and can't focus even on 800mg of sam-E, will try 800mg more.
    do glutamine, alpha gpc, phos choline, theanine help brain fog?

2. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I would imagine if methylation has helped your brain fog then it is likely caused by a build up of some toxins that is gumming up your brain function. I think if you have seen some good progress with sam-e then you're in the right track.

A lot of people here use Fredd's methylation protocol if I am correct

See more popular forum discussions.