1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Treating Brain Fog with sam-E methylation

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by physicsstudent13, Sep 18, 2013.

1. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

US
    Sam-e seemed to be great for my brain fog and focus/concentration
    http://www.ebrainsupplements.com/best-of-nootropics-same
    I have terrible brain fog and exhaustion from sleep apnea and heard that TBI brain injury treatments work for that. I did have profound effects from sam-E so I'm taking methylfolate and vitamin B

I'm curious how methylation seems to work to cure brain fog and give clarity/concentration. it seems to induce hormonal changes and give me cystic acne but then I am still foggy today?
    today I'm really foggy and can't focus even on 800mg of sam-E, will try 800mg more.
    do glutamine, alpha gpc, phos choline, theanine help brain fog?

2. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I would imagine if methylation has helped your brain fog then it is likely caused by a build up of some toxins that is gumming up your brain function. I think if you have seen some good progress with sam-e then you're in the right track.

A lot of people here use Fredd's methylation protocol if I am correct

See more popular forum discussions.