• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treating Autism Conference, anyone attending? (GcMAF, etc.)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Date: 8 and 9 September 2012

It is in London this weekend. I am interested particularly in the two talks on Sunday about GcMAF:

Dr Jeff Bradstreet - Stem Cell Treatment and Update on GcMAF for Autism

Jeff Bradstreet MD, MD(H), FAAFP is an internationally recognised lecturer and researcher in autism. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians and a member of the American College of Toxicology. He has been involved in autism related outcome studies and environmental research with the University of Washington and other academic centers and serves as a adjunct Professor of Pediatrics at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona. Dr Bradsteet will be presenting on the Stem Cell Therapy as a potential treatment for autism. He will also be reviewing his data in Nagalase, GcMAF and Vitamin D.

Prof Kenny De Meirleir - GcMAF in health and disease

Kenny De Meirleir, M.D., PhD, Professor of physiology, pathophysiology and medicine at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium will present on GcMAF (also known as vitamin D-binding protein-derived macrophage activating factor DBP-MAF) research and its potential therapeutic application in various diseases, including its potential to address some of the core medical issues in autism.

There are other interesting talks too--one on problems in the autonomic nervous system.

I don't see anything about streaming so we may have to rely on reports from those attending.

Sushi

i

I was at the conference with David Noakes ‘et al’ and with the kind permission of Dr Jeff Bradstreet and Treating Autism (http://www.treatingautism.co.uk) we filmed this short clip of Dr Bradstreet talking about treating autism with GcMAF.

I will soon be publishing full length version of

Prof Kenny De Meirleir - GcMAF in health and disease”

onto YouTube and can post the links here if you like?

I have recently published this video with David Noakes & Dr Bradstreet

pamb

I'm very curious to learn how this is received by the autism community 'at large' so to speak, as it seems like a very significant breakthrough. But I can't help but wonder how many vested interests will downplay the significance altogether. I guess too many years in the CFS world have made me sadly cynical. Fingers crossed much good comes.

natasa778

There are other interesting talks too--one on problems in the autonomic nervous system.

I don't see anything about streaming so we may have to rely on reports from those attending.

Sushi

i

That one was particularly interesting :) We are hoping to make slides available online shortly - if/when that happens I'll post the link.

Sushi

I was at the conference with David Noakes ‘et al’ and with the kind permission of Dr Jeff Bradstreet and Treating Autism (http://www.treatingautism.co.uk) we filmed this short clip of Dr Bradstreet talking about treating autism with GcMAF.

I will soon be publishing full length version of

Prof Kenny De Meirleir - GcMAF in health and disease”

onto YouTube and can post the links here if you like?

I have recently published this video with David Noakes & Dr Bradstreet

We'd love to see the YouTube links posted here--thanks so much. And any interim summaries of the talks (informal would be fine) would be most welcome too.

Thanks,
Sushi

Daffodil

may have misunderstood..did dr. bradstreet say that as lilttle as 2 ng helps autistic patients?
thanks

Sushi

Yes, for some. He also says he has given as low as .1 ng and it helped the patient.

Sushi

Here is an extract from a paper written by Dr Nicola Antonucci & Dr. Dario Siniscalco who are working at the Biomedical Centre for Autism Research and Treatment in Bari - Italy

"In the last six months I've collected reports from 94 families that have tried GcMAF with their children affected by autism, and the results seem very encouraging.

The age of children ranges from 3 to 15 years old (except one who was 21). 83 of them reported significant improvements, 7 did not notice any change, while 4 showed side effects.

Using the of vial 2,2 ml (100 ng/0,25 ml), they started to inject 0,01-0,02 ml (1-2 units of a insulin syringe 0,5 ml) and increasing every week by 1 unit until reaching a dosage of 8-25 units, depending on body weight and the individual response of each child.

Parents noticed the first improvements from just the first 2-3 weeks after treatment, and they continued to increase the dosage to the point where they did not notice further improvements and/or started to see some side effects such as hyperactivity, or defiant and negative behaviours."

Google -- gcmaf therapy for autism

I'm very curious to learn how this is received by the autism community 'at large' so to speak, as it seems like a very significant breakthrough. But I can't help but wonder how many vested interests will downplay the significance altogether. I guess too many years in the CFS world have made me sadly cynical. Fingers crossed much good comes.

Humanity is falling apart - we have to make a stand!

Daffodil

i agree. i would love to hear comments from more mainstream doctors about this gcmaf treatment. i think it will not be widely embraced..just a feeling lol

Message for moderators.

We are nearly ready to upload both full length videos. I feel as though the heading of this topic will not do them justice Shall I create a new topic for this?

Sushi

Message for moderators.

We are nearly ready to upload both full length videos. I feel as though the heading of this topic will not do them justice Shall I create a new topic for this?

Hi Trevor,

I am not a moderator, but yes, why not start a new thread with a new title and post the videos there. You can also post them in this thread for people who have been following this thread.

When you post a new thread, just place it in the GcMAF section of the forum with a good title and then members will see it.

Thanks,
Sushi

I have spent nearly 2 days trying to upload a 110 minute file to youtube...after i succeeded youtube told me it has been rejected because it is too long.

They could have told me that earlier on surely??

Monday morning would have been fine.......will be back once I have spliced it - have fun!!

Sushi

I have spent nearly 2 days trying to upload a 110 minute file to youtube...after i succeeded youtube told me it has been rejected because it is too long.

They could have told me that earlier on surely??

Monday morning would have been fine.......will be back once I have spliced it - have fun!!

Any progress with dividing the videos into sections? Yes, they should have told you!

Sushi

Hi Sushi,

The "Prof Kenny De Meirleir - GcMAF in health and disease" is proving a bit of a challenge as the sound quality isn't that good and coupled with his accent makes it difficult to hear in places.

Not wanting to release a substandard video alone we are transcribing his speech to include this as a downloadable document to go with the video.

It will be done - just want to make sure it is good enough first.