1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

trazodone --> ambien?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SOC, Jan 5, 2012.

1. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    Well, you are right! I hadn't looked up the withdrawal info in quite a while so was going by memory (which I should know better than to trust ;). Thanks for correcting me on this! I'm doubly glad because I don't want to provide misinformation, but also a close family member is on a dose closer to your mom's (for spasticity) and it'll be good information to have in case he ever needs to go off of it!

Referencing my log (NOT my memory ; ) I did do a taper when I discontinued - 1 week at 15mg, 1 week at 10mg, one day at 5mg, then zero. So maybe that's why I didn't notice any side effects.

And presumably Heaps doesn't have withdrawal effects because he takes it intermittently,

I'm so sorry your mom went through that, it sounds awful :(
    Thanks again for the information!
  2. CallieAndToby

CallieAndToby Senior Member

florida
    I think if I could get 10 hours of sleep a night I would be able to find a lot of relief and recover some as well, but I've tried just about everything. My bladder is a major problem and ocd.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Well, I gained about 30 lbs and got high cholesterol when I was on that combo of meds so I had to stop. Plus, I need SSRIs for my depression which also causes insomnia although I might try Paxil which is less likely than Prozac to cause insomnia (but more likely to cause weight gain:eek:).

See more popular forum discussions.