1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

trazodone --> ambien?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SOC, Jan 5, 2012.

1. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    Well, you are right! I hadn't looked up the withdrawal info in quite a while so was going by memory (which I should know better than to trust ;). Thanks for correcting me on this! I'm doubly glad because I don't want to provide misinformation, but also a close family member is on a dose closer to your mom's (for spasticity) and it'll be good information to have in case he ever needs to go off of it!

Referencing my log (NOT my memory ; ) I did do a taper when I discontinued - 1 week at 15mg, 1 week at 10mg, one day at 5mg, then zero. So maybe that's why I didn't notice any side effects.

And presumably Heaps doesn't have withdrawal effects because he takes it intermittently,

I'm so sorry your mom went through that, it sounds awful :(
    Thanks again for the information!
  2. CallieAndToby

CallieAndToby Senior Member

florida
    I think if I could get 10 hours of sleep a night I would be able to find a lot of relief and recover some as well, but I've tried just about everything. My bladder is a major problem and ocd.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Well, I gained about 30 lbs and got high cholesterol when I was on that combo of meds so I had to stop. Plus, I need SSRIs for my depression which also causes insomnia although I might try Paxil which is less likely than Prozac to cause insomnia (but more likely to cause weight gain:eek:).

See more popular forum discussions.