• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Travelling from the UK to see Dr Kogelnik

Kati

Patient in training
Andy may be interested in having your tonsils- ask him about that.

Jacque

Hi Rob,

Yes a good thing you haven't spent hundreds of thousands...like I have...and if anyone can find out what is "wrong" with you it is Dr. K!!

Financially...where there is a will there is a way...

Dont want to be negative...but "surgery" is what put me on the couch COMPLETELY 3 years ago... get your definative diagnosis and see if perhaps Dr. K thinks this Tonsilitis could be related so perhaps an infection you have...before you have surgery. I may not affect you like it did me... and you may be a lot "younger"... but surgery is a real match lighter for ME....I have learned... a match I can't put out!! Just a thought for you on your road to wellness...

Good luck on your travels... Tell everyone I said HI!!! :)

allyb

I read this and am reminded of how very "desperate" we are to have a life :( Hopefully Dr K can clone himself over there in the UK.. Find a doc who has a BRAIN...and a HEART... There has to be one!!!

If only Jacque, what a lovely thought :rolleyes:

Sadly, I think that is akin to trying to find a sympathetic guard in Auschwitz. I am sure there are many but it’s the system they operate in that’s the problem. I certainly think they set off on the right path and aren’t intrinsically inept but too many have been hauled in front of the General Medial Council (GMC) humiliated and sanctioned, not many careers can withstand the likes. :thumbdown: I live in hope and maybe transatlantic success will bring courage back.

*Scavo86* You will be boarding now!!! wishing you a safe journey and the path to better health x

allyb

Jacque

[Wow... and I thought it was bad here in the ol U S of A..... Guess not that bad??? But BAD enuf when it comes to "mystery" illness... I think the docs here face the same issues...maybe not as severe but I know some have lost their licenses for treating Lyme Disease!! Which in my opinion affects most of us here on this site...which is why we have no immune systems to fight off the viruses... We all must FORGE ON!!!

Jacque

Katherine are you asking me that question? Or are you responding to the first post... DUH... I am new here I will get the hang of it .. I promise...
Don't know what KDM is in ref to ... just in case...

Katherine are you asking me that question? Or are you responding to the first post... DUH... I am new here I will get the hang of it .. I promise...
Don't know what KDM is in ref to ... just in case...

Hi, sorry no I was referring to the first post - I should have been more specfic. I was just wondering why the original poster from UK was going that far to US?