• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Traveling right after mold sabbatical?

I live in Virginia and am going to Death Valley the end of May for a mold sabbatical. There is a professional workshop in New York for three days that I was really looking forward to, but I would be going from California to New York. There's no room for me to go home in between. Is it very important for me to go directly home and spend time there right after the mold sabbatical? Would the three days in New York make it more difficult to tell if my house or home location is making me sick?

Thank you for the resource! I tried joining the forums there, but there's not much recent activity and I can't access the posting functions.

I have been gathering as much information as I can but had not found something to answer my question. Today I did come across an anecdote of a woman who tested various buildings before going home, so perhaps my going to New York won't negate the benefits of the sabbatical. I suppose it would be unfortunate if I have a bad reaction while I'm trying to participate in the workshop!

jason30

The forum is pretty new. The most activity at this moment is on the facebook group 'mold avoiders' (with 10.000 members). You will find your answers there.

It's tricky to go to NY, and personally I wouldn't do it because you risk the sabbatical. You risk for don't having an acute response when you get home.
You can try it of course, are you familiar with being masked and unmasked?
When you get masked in NY you will know. And when that happens then it's difficult to say something about the possible response at home.

Good luck though!

I also tried to join the Facebook group, but they're very selective?? I'm not having much luck, haha

I'm not familiar with being masked/unmasked. I'm not sure if mold is causing the problem. When I leave the house for a few days I usually have worse symptoms. I'll be in Death Valley for 2 weeks, so hopefully that's long enough

I could possible go straight home to Virginia and spend about day there before going to New York... How long does it take to react?

frozenborderline

I also tried to join the Facebook group, but they're very selective?? I'm not having much luck, haha

I'm not familiar with being masked/unmasked. I'm not sure if mold is causing the problem. When I leave the house for a few days I usually have worse symptoms. I'll be in Death Valley for 2 weeks, so hopefully that's long enough

I could possible go straight home to Virginia and spend about day there before going to New York... How long does it take to react?
How did your sabbatical go