1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Transfer Factor advice

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by davidfibdou, Feb 9, 2014.

1. davidfibdou

davidfibdou

I wanted to try transfer factor for my CFS and needed some advice, anyone out there have any info on the best source to get it from? My killer cell count low so hoping it can bring it up. with TF.

2. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    I have had some luck with ProHealth's Transfer Factor 200 which is supposed to have transfer factors for hhv6 and several other infections including ebv, I think.

They can't say on the website which TF products are for which infections, but they can tell you if you call and ask.

Antivirals worked far better, though.

Drs Klimas and Rey, who are very knowledgeable about immunology in me/CFS, often use inosine for NK cell deficiencies. I believe you need to pulse it, not take the same dose continuously. You can search PR and probably find a dosing schedule.

3. davidfibdou

davidfibdou

SOC - what antivirals were you on?

and is inosine over the counter or a Rx?

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Valcyte for hhv6 and Valtrex for ebv. Inosine is an OTC supplement.

5. davidfibdou

davidfibdou

Hi SOC. the thing is i dont have any viral symposiums ever , so before i try valycte and valtrex I was interested in the transfer factor. where did you get yours and did you do the specific kinds of general.

6. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    I believe that the whole point of transfer factors is that they are antigen-specific, that is, targeted to specific pathogens. If you don't have symptoms of infection, I don't see the point of taking transfer factors.

I used ProHealth products. The one I used had transfer factors for hhv6, ebv, and several more common pathogens, I think.

7. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    @SOC, what transfer factor did you use? I cannot take Valtrex because of bad side effects and I'm having problems with Famvir. Valcyte is not an option.

8. davidfibdou

davidfibdou

hey SOC. I ended up going with Chisolm Labs ImmunoFactor 2. I tracked down their phone number, they have no website.

They also sold me Beta Glucan which I am taking for a week before beginning the transfer factor.

I chose Chisolm because they have 100mg's of TF in their capsules as opposed to ProHealth's 10mg's of TF per capsule.

9. minkeygirl

Left Coast
  10. davidfibdou

davidfibdou

that was my second choice, i will maybe try that too. plsmyc doesnt need to be iced for shipment which makes it way cheaper too.

11. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.