1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulator(TENS)

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by lnester7, Dec 10, 2012.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I was in a central nervous system rehab center (long story), I just went for a massage, but as I complained of pain they used this machine on me. I got the model because I was so happy with the results that I might invest in it.

Anybody used this or something similar? Do you have one? model and where to buy.

http://www.besmed.com/products_1.php?cate=5&ID=61&classid=10&kindid=29

TX,
    heapsreal likes this.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I recently acquired a Zynex NexWave unit, it has TENS and better yet (IFC) Interferrential Current, I was told this is deeper penetrating than a TENS unit, it also has Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)

My Dr prescribed it, so not sure on how about to buy this specific model. But my Chiro mentioned that he could get a TENS unit for me, I showed him the one I got, and he said it is a nicer model, and costs more. Otherwise he said he could get me a TENS unit for 50 to 60 dollars.

GG
  3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Thank you will look into this, if I cannot find a good price, I might order from your chiro.:p Dr just gave me LDN for the pain, maybe it will get better. Fortunately is not permanent symptom it comes and goes.
  4. Symptomatic

Symptomatic Senior Member

Just came from the chiro where they used TENS on me - I found it kind of creepy/icky - does anyone else feel that way?
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    you get used to the feeling then increase as you can take it. It was very unpleasant for me until got used to it. The benefits were grater than the icki feeling.
  6. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    I have a TENS machine. It's about 15 years old now and I hear that technology has improved somewhat in that time. I have osteoarthritis in my spine and spinal canal stenosis and I have found it helpful when dealing with the pain that comes from nerves being compressed in that area.
  7. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Does anyone get irregular heartbeat when they use these machines, or is it just me and my crap body?

See more popular forum discussions.